City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

Tricky_Trev said:
BlakeTheBlue said:
Last night was a clear message, "Welcome to the Champions League"
It was Napoli's "welcome to the Champions League" too don't forget! Yet they didn't look as nervous as us for some reason.

Really? I thought they did. I thought both sides were on a bit of a learning curve last night.

Enjoyable game last night, i think kompany was poor on 3 occassions, Yaya made no attempt to get back when they scored, but all is not lost and games against the likes of Napoli can only imrove the team. Onwards and upwards.

but their players aren't under the same pressure as ours, last night every pundit expected a city win. they could play without as much pressure.

have to say napoli got their tactics spot on last night, very tight and compact, with all their players behind the ball when we had possession and we found it very hard to break them down and they hit us on the break in numbers and in the end it paid off for them, good game overall though and probably a fair result in the end.

Vincent needs a set of longer studs and YaYa needs to be interviewed and asked if he is setting-up his team-mates when he passes to thier throat at 100mph whilst 6yrds from them.

Sick of hearing about width, some highly tuned one/two's on the edge of the area may well have reaped a different kind of dividend.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but i know we've been through it before, but why oh why do we let the attacking team attack towards their own fans in the second half, it really does give them momentum and drive them forward in the latter stages. Liverpool always attack the kop in the second half as do most teams, so why don't we attack the 'more vocal' end ??
I know its only a little thing, but i think it could make a massive difference.

All in all, not a bad performence, they were a very well organised side, closed down very quickly. They were well drilled. Still think we had enough possesion and chances to win the game. Think it will just gives us the kick up the backside that we need!

Rorz88 said:
Im not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but i know we've been through it before, but why oh why do we let the attacking team attack towards their own fans in the second half, it really does give them momentum and drive them forward in the latter stages. Liverpool always attack the kop in the second half as do most teams, so why don't we attack the 'more vocal' end ??

Napoli won the coin toss.

Andouble said:
Rorz88 said:

Napoli won the coin toss.

Fair point mate, but all i am saying is even when we do win the toss, we always play that way.

hi all
i m napoli's fan and i reading your nice forum before and i decided to chat to you friend's .............yesterday was a great match and i think is a right score 1-1 .....what do you think?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.