City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

napoli did not give any space for city forwards especially silva to move the ball around. thats all i think what napoli did and did well to stop us today. and this is why silva, nasri, aguero.... all looked average today.

jim said:
ForzaNapoli said:
BEST PLAYER OF THE GAME WAS THE GOAL POST!!! Unlucky for both of us! Kompany saved the result for you guys, Inler botched it for us. How was our fans? Hope to see a lot of you City boys in Napoli for another nail biter!

Note: This was our 2nd game of the season, we're really underrated IMO. Good luck in the Prem!!!

Best player of the game was the referee! I thought he did an excellent job of letting the game play out in a physical manner that i didn't expect to see in the champs league.
He was above average. Def. more like a Prem ref than a SerieA one! But no problems, we're a physical team. That damn goal post!

Honestly not sure what to make of it. We had so much possession, we hit the bar twice, Toure should have buried the chance he had. Dzeko probably could have laid it off to Silva which was another good chance, Napoli defended superbly, like really, really well. But we were trying to walk in FAR too many good positions. We were like Arsenal of the past 5 years, lots of passing, sod all shooting.

Nasri was completely absent and Silva wasn't much better, but it was more testament to Napolis defending. They saw us coming a mile off. Throw everyone in the center and just do enough to disrupt play.

Not quite the CL debut I was hoping for but it was at least entertaining. Still can't beat teams who park the bus against us though, really need to sort that!

I would agree that Lescott appears to be the weakest link. He strikes me as an excellent squad player at this level - not quite a starter considering the club's ambitions.

REALITY CHECK for us, definately.

We are NOT better than Barca and I don't think we will win the CL at our first attempt!

Might be a hell of a struggle getting out of the group. :-)

Hari84 said:
my vote: 0-10

Hart 6
Kolarov 6
Lescott 5
Kompany 6
Zabaleta 6
Barry 5
Yaya 6
Nasri 4
Silva 4
Aguero 5
Dzeko 6

Clichy 6
Johnson 6
Tevez 5
How old are you ? Are you the one that stays at home while your idiot brother's abroad ?

valancius said:
andrewmswift said:
valancius said:
silva looked half the player he has looked in the prem, tevez didnt give a shit

Aside from one shot on goalwhen he took on five defenders Tevez offered nothing.

he gave the ball away so many times he was only on the pitch for abit, think mario should of been on the bench even tho he did awful in Europa think he woulda liked to score against an italian side. im so shocked about how different the refereeing is its propper cringeworthy or is it just because we were playing italians?

What don't people understand???!!

Mario is suspended!!

Dave S said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
Lumberjack Pete7 said:
barry and lescott looked a bit out of their depth, all in all a good result because for the last 10-20 minuets it looked like they were playing 6-7 defenders.

this

both looked poor today. esp barry for loosing out in a crucial area. silly mistake.

but looking at the bench who is better?

we are missing de jong and milner.
Barry was brilliant tonight or was I watching a different match???

No you are wrong, he made a mistake and they scored, so welcome to slate city, everything else gets forgotten.

andrewmswift said:
valancius said:
silva looked half the player he has looked in the prem, tevez didnt give a shit

Aside from one shot on goalwhen he took on five defenders Tevez offered nothing.

I completely disagree about Silva as he was the same player, just devoid of options aside from Dzeko who did it upmost best to make something happen but could not succeed.

I completely agree about Tevez, though. It was one of his worst short displays in our shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.