City v Newcastle, Carling Cup - Post Match Thread

Stoned Rose said:
That was unacceptable.

It's either serious bigheadedness or a serious lack of interest.

If I compare us to this period last season we are fucking miles off the standards we had then.

We are unprofessional, lackadaisical, lack intensity and lack desire.

It's as though they think 'we've just won the double we can have a season off now'.

This also happened under Mancini in 2012/13 so cannot be blamed on MP.

Exactly. Similar scenario, many of the same players (all the influential ones are the same), yet the same result.

Not sure why everyone is jumping to criticise Pellegrini when we have a set of players who are proving yet again they don't have the stomach for it. When you start to see the exact same problems manifest under completely different managers it's clearly not the managers we should be questioning.

Maybe our transfer policy of nice young men isn't what's needed to succeed at the very top. Maybe we need a few win at all costs cunts? It shouldn't always be incumbent on the manager to sort fragile egos - The senior players shoulder the responsibility too.

Shocking that the team only responded after going two down. Mangala could be top of that list of the biggest wastes of money in football. Passing awful, heading reminded me of centre backs like dunny and symons. Pace and power is nothing without vision, skill. Did he really cost 32 million?. Demichelis is a much better footballer.

Heard St Helens Blue telling it as it is to Shaun Goater on the GMR post match phone in, and he was right - we lose our key creative player for the derby, for zero gain.

When you carry on for 3 years signing average players sooner or later it will take its affect.

The following players would struggle to holda regular spot in any top 3 team in the top leagues the way they are playing at the moment -

Cabellero, Sagna, Mangala ( to soon really to judge), Cliche, Kolorov, Fernadinho, Fernando, Navas, Milner, Nasri Dzeko and Jovetic

The players who have kept us up there are - Hart, Zab, Komps Yaya, Silva and Aguero.

Until we sign players on their level we will never improve. They have had no real competition for 4 seasons now. Considering how much we have spent since we first won the league we are really no better.

This was our trophy and to let it go like we did tonight was just shite. How can Newcastle play a 17 and 18 yr old one of whom scored yet we still have NO youth players in our squad this season who might play.
On the contrary we risk our joint best player and look what happens. Not only is he injured MP still keeps him on.

When the team was read out at Etihad, I thought it was easily good enough to win tonight, but there was too much wayward passing and fancy flicks that went to opposition players.

I know we were missing VK, Zaba, and Kun from the starting XI, but fucking hell, if we play like that on Sunday, we will get slaughtered!

I'm actually dreading the Derby now.

tbarber said:
Shocking that the team only responded after going two down. Mangala could be top of that list of the biggest wastes of money in football. Passing awful, heading reminded me of centre backs like dunny and symons. Pace and power is nothing without vision, skill. Did he really cost 32 million?. Demichelis is a much better footballer.
He made one mistake.didnt hide.well done i say

onceabluealways said:
When you carry on for 3 years signing average players sooner or later it will take its affect.

The following players would struggle to holda regular spot in any top 3 team in the top leagues the way they are playing at the moment -

Cabellero, Sagna, Mangala ( to soon really to judge), Cliche, Kolorov, Fernadinho, Fernando, Navas, Milner, Nasri Dzeko and Jovetic

The players who have kept us up there are - Hart, Zab, Komps Yaya, Silva and Aguero.

Until we sign players on their level we will never improve. They have had no real competition for 4 seasons now. Considering how much we have spent since we first won the league we are really no better.

Kompany has been below par for me this season. And I've also no idea why you've included Nasri in there, but overall I agree, you're spot on

It was a disastrous night in every respect. Team, manager, fans... at least the turnout was good for a League Cup game, though didn't stop an empty seats song from the Barcodes (oh, the irony of it coming from them).

Something is broken right now, it's pretty much the 12/13 season again except the players don't hate the manager this time. Yet can't seem to play for him anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.