Silva 8
Navas 7

Aguero 7
Dzeko 8

Nasri 7
Garcia 5
Negredo 6

Hoping BM doesnt implode after every game :D

Superb stuff last night, played some superb, engaging football. No negatives at all from this blue, thought each player to a man was excellent and if MP can keep the intensity levels up, that is a scary proposition for opposing teams this season.

Have to admit before this match chelsea were favourites in my eyes but the way we played changed my mind completely phenomenal performance from the whole team.

Just hope the league isn't decided on goal difference again - we should have had cricket score last night!

Well done with Bert tributes and wasn't it great hearing Uwe referring to "Our Club" on more than one occasion. Would be a great replacement for "the new Pelle" in time!

Superb result and a wonderful, dominating, exciting performance from the boys. Good debuts from all the newbies, particularly Navas - how fucking fast?! Aguero's finish was simply sublime and Nasri took his goal very well. Glad Dave notched and Yaya's freekick shows we don't need Kolarov :)) Thought Yaya should have been MotM personally but do not begrudge it to Edin after what he has been through; that said he should have had at least 3 goals.

At the risk of sounding a bit of a prat, last night seemed really different, almost as if a huge weight had been lifted off the club, the players, the fans, everyone. Really, really excited for the rest of the season.

As for the real man of the match, I thought Tim Krul was outstanding - what a keeper. Without him it would surely have been double figures.

Great start last night, it felt like we had that urgency and hunger to win again, there is no way Nasri for example would of scored that goal last year. Everytime we attacked it just seemed like we were going to score and I have to say the attacking element to our play is breathtaking at times and relentless. The option Navas provides down that right side is frightening and to make things even better half of our new signings didn't even really feature. The only worrying thing at the moment is if Kompany is going to stay fit and the backup options available to us defensively, we easily have the best squad in terms of midfield and attack but defensively I think against better opposition we might of been quite exposed. Anyway that doesn't matter, we won last night and won very well, it could of been any score.

Excellent performance, one of our best for many years at home.

Navas superb and Dzeko was a completely different player.

Some lovely football and it wouldn't have been unfair on Newcastle had we won 8-0.

Harts distribution was much improved.

Only slight cause for concern was Lescott and his passing. Defensively he was very good but never looks comfortable when on the ball and against better teams it could have cost us.

Overall 9.5/10

Excellent tribute to Bert and Uwe clearly still loves our club!

Couldn't ask for more than that performance.
As a Mancini "inner" I got the "what do you think of Pellegrini now" texts etc. Well fair enough, I'm big enough to say that was a very impressive start. Believe it or not those that think it's some sort of "I told you so" I didn't spend a few grand on season tickets in the hope he'd fail. Will always be thankful to Mancini and yes - I would have stuck with him another season - in all my exchanges with Billy and others I always said I hope they are proved right about the change of manager - we will see at the end of the season, but last night was admittedly exceptioanlly promising.

black mamba said:
A resounding win against a side who offered little , and now it's on to Cardiff ... a ground where we've endured mixed fortunes in days gone by.
A pedant writes: We've never bloody played there!!

As for last night I agree with most of what is on here:
We were excellent; scored four, should have had a fifth, had a few good penalty shouts ignored and Navas is bloody fast.
The main negative was the injury to Vince, but I've managed to find another little gripe.
In stoppage time of each half we didn't go all out for another goal; we kept our shape and passed it sideways rather than hitting it long and hoping for a mistake. It's not something I'd normally suggest, but with time running out, and against ten men, there was little chance of a decent counter-attack so why not just launch it somewhere in the direction of Dzeko or into space for Jesus to chase?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.