City v Newcastle post match thread

MihaiCity said:
Pigeonho said:
MihaiCity said:
very very good performance by the boys last night if we can mantaine this rithm we will win the league tbh..City!!!!
There's a lad, a big lad called SWP'sback. He'll have you!

GTFO of here and goo to the ragcafe and said there all the shite you want..please you little bastard;)
Easy lad! Easy!

The Fish said:
fathellensbellend said:
I have sympathy with the plight of all away fans, but when these bulbs chant where were you when you were shit, while sitting in an unsold reduced allocation it does make me laugh.
To be fair, it's just a stock chant that loads of away sections sing. Same as the "your support is fucking shit", the "Where's your famous atmosphere" and all that Soccer AM shit. I'd not take it to heart.

Also, given your recent rapid improvement in finance and fortune, you cannot honestly say you've not noticed an increase in the number of plastic Man City fans? I know I saw a sudden and depressing increase when Keegan 1st joined and again when Robson took us back to the top table. If you were sitting in the pissing rain when Swales and co took you to the edges of the abyss, then obviously this song is not directed at you. If, however, you've never known a Man City pre-Shinawatra, well... that'll be that then.

They all sit near me unfortunately. I am moving next year. Sadly the last of the regulars have moved leaving us surrounded by plastics with camera's, half/half scarves and bags full of merchandise.....just what the club wants in these seats unfortunately. I knew the writing was on the wall when the seats were padded.

I never agreed with the notion that Yaya was lazy; he has recurring back pains and his frame doesn't allow him to run like a Milner, but he showed a lot of desire today.

Seems Fernandinho has lit the competitive fire in his belly. Think Yaya wants to show him who the boss of our midfield is :p

Fair play to Newcastle fans with their humour.
They put a post match thread up before kick off and commented on the game before it kicked off, ie :
I thought the 4 red cards that Andre Marriner dished out to City were harsh but then again, they were 8-0 up by the 20th minute :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50812.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/ind ... ic=50812.0</a>

hertsblue said:
Fair play to Newcastle fans with their humour.
They put a post match thread up before kick off and commented on the game before it kicked off, ie :
I thought the 4 red cards that Andre Marriner dished out to City were harsh but then again, they were 8-0 up by the 20th minute :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50812.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/ind ... ic=50812.0</a>

From a poster called Scrivener:

I think the fact that there was 45 minutes each way went against us to be fair

Comedy genius; well played that man.

Was anyone in the ground last night for about 45 mins before kick off until just before?

I'm sorry, but me and my Dad were just sat there cringing at some of the stuff going on. It was pretty embarrassing. That thing with the 3 kids and Agueroooooooooo shouting was woeful and is apparently going to happen every home game and then having a singer come out and scream at us before singing bluemoon just felt a bit Americanised, let us sing it.

Anyway, moaning over, we were absolutely immense last night. Looked brilliant from the off and pressed them all the way to the end. Few mentions:

Kompany - looked awesome, gutted about another injury for him, hopefully won't be too long because he looked more than ready after that game at Bayern for the new season
Fernandinho - broke up the play brilliantly at times, looks like he has bundles of energy and a good passing range. Still early doors, but was very impressed last night.
Navas - WOW. I've watched him for many years in La Liga and was over the moon when we signed him, but didn't expect him to hit the floor running like he did. Offered genuine width as expected, but even came more central at times (maybe under instruction) and his work rate was excellent covering for Zaba.
Dzeko - probably the best I've seen him play, never seen him chase as many balls down as he did last night, genuinely looked hungry and deserved a goal for his efforts

Overall we looked fitter, leaner and sharper. The tempo was brilliant and when the Toon had the ball we pressed them quickly in the right way and it paid off. You can't judge much based on the 2nd half with the red card and all, but there was enough from the first half to show some very promising signs.

Only issue I had last night is we were quite easy to read towards the end of the 2nd half, everything came down the right hand side (effectively, to be fair) and as Silva and Nasri played centrally there was never really genuine width on the left, so everyone became clumped over to one side of the pitch. Only a minor point though and even if teams read it they still have to stop it.

Pretty much the perfect start.

Best day

Last night was amazing. Team played fantastic, new signings and coach seem to have brought some much needed pace and excitement, 4 - 0 win, top of league, atmosphere was ace and free Balti pies and chips during 2nd half, left on the whistle and managed to be home just after 10pm. Well done city, well done indeed. very happy chappy, and to think I actually thought twice about tickets this year due to being a bit skint, money well spent.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm --<br /><br />don't know why my thread has been merged not exactly post match analysis, would prob have been better put in the food thread if anywhere. I despair at this place sometimes I really do.

Caveman said:
We were good last night, very good in spells, excellent in others but i'm expecting a lot more to boot.

I thought there was a spell where we were fannying around with possession and that ultimately got Kompany injured as we lost the ball after 30 seconds of pointless little three yard passes that got us absolutely nowhere, Ameobi broke away and Kompany had to cover for Yaya, Navas, Nasri and Fernandinho's stupid passage of play and put in a sliding tackle that hurt his groin.

It was good other than that though. I thought Hart did well with the one save he had to make, i thought Zaba and Clichy were faultless, i thought Lescott was immense after some early nerves, Kompany was great (hope he's okay!), Garcia played very well when he came on winning headers and showing bursts of pace (where's that comes from? lol), Fernandinho is tidy as fuck he was like a hoover and he has a burst of pace off the mark too, Yaya was good for early season Yaya, Navas was dangerous all game, Silva was amazing, Nasri was very good when he came on, Kun looked strong and sharp since he's not played all pre-season (he could score an absolute bag full this season), Edin was brilliant!

Good stuff! Onwards and upwards...
Honestly think Kompany should have simply played more positional defending on that ball. I don't think the Newcastle player was going anywhere and he had no support I could see. It's a shame he got injured. Fingers crossed it isn't too serious.

As for play, we were damned amazing through the whole thing. This is what I meant last season when I said our main problems were a lack of pressing by the forwards and lack of movement without the ball, which I honestly attribute to Mancini's system. Pellegrini seems to have given them some freedom, and the pressing was beautiful. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.