City v Newcastle post match thread

I should've put my money where my mouth was, I predicted a 4-0 and a bit of rough stuff from Newcastle!
good result, shame about Vinny, hope it's not serious

A brilliant performance in what I would say was 3rd out of 5 gears. Newcastle look like early faves for the drop - a piss poor team.

Ref and his assistants were absolutely dross.

Can't wait for next weekend, as I believe that this time next Monday we will be 3 clear of United.

Absolutely brilliant that.

Pellegrini has them finally playing to their potential. Everyone of the lads knew their role both when in possession and when not in possession. Our 'shape' was extremely good. We pressed aggressively and seemed very very fit.

Fernandinho was my MOM the guy just knitted everything together perfectly. He was first to every loose ball and his range of passing is sublime and very intelligent. His reading and covering was brilliant.

Navas is a beast. Fast as fuck and delivers things on a plate. Can also 'whip' free kicks in very well. This lad will terrorise defences everywhere.

Dzeko looks like a new man. Ultra involved, ultra committed, much better first touch and ran the channels well. Nice one Edin and nice one Pelle.

I've seen enough tonight to know we are better than we were when we won the league. We are the team to beat imo.

Hart - 6

Clichy - 6
Lescott - 7
Kompany - 8
Zabaleta -7

Toure - 8
Fernadiniho - 7

Silva - 8
Navas - 7.5

Augero - 7.5
Dzeko - 8

Mariner - 2

Great display , 4-0, could have been 7-0 easily.

Didnt see many big changes in tactics, formation, maybe better mentality sometimes, but we had some similar games under Mancini as well but its a very good start for Pellegrini.

Navas runs a lot, I mean it seemed to me he ran at least 1.5 times more than anyone else. And he has PACE!
Thats a big improvement, MAncini didnt prefer fast players on wings, who knows why...

Krul had some top saves for sure.

Good job today, top of league:).

We have to avoid injuries, so hope Kompany is back soon.

I have never seen City with that much intensity and pace. I don't even know where to start. Defense looks pretty good. Lescott had a few misplaced passes to start but really grew into the game with some great reads and tackles. Kompany was everywhere and got stuck covering places he shoudn't have (hence the injury). Clichy looked solid. Zaba had a great game and looks to be forming an awesome partnership with Jesus down the right side. Fernandinho, where to start. Precise tackling, sublime long passes, and hungry. Yaya got to get into the attack more because of Ferni, and what a gorgeous FK. Silva was dancing tonight and was in the right place at the right time (great header). Aguero will hopefully continue the lethal finishing he showed tonight. I really liked his partnership with Dzeko tonight. And Dzeko was definitely my MOTM as well. If you want to know what desire looks like, just watch this match over and over without taking your eyes off Dzeko. I feel terrible for Negredo as well, first touch in the premier league should have been a goal.

Overall, Pel has this team in amazing shape and in a very hungry mindset. We play like tonight with no serious injuries going forward, we will win everything this year. Mark my words.

As long as we have Komps back for the rags I'm confident. Pure masterclass from the whole team tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.