City v Newcastle post match thread

Tricky_Trev said:
blue underpants said:
Pigeonho said:
Roll on Sunday. My uncle is a Cardiff fan and he's resigned to it being just a 'good day out', with him hoping we just keep it from being an embarrassment for them! Hahah!
Will not be as easy as people think, first game in prem and a load of mad Taffs baying for English blood.
1-2 City
I agree, it wont be easy. I hope Nastasic is back because Bellamy's pace, against Lescott and Garcia, with our high line... could be interesting!!
Signing Pepe in time for him to face Bellamy, now what would be interesting!

The Fish said:
Well done on the win, it was the result (and scoreline) I'd predicted, but I wasn't expecting us to be so gutless.

Navas and Zabaleta look to have already got a good understanding and they tore our makeshift left back to pieces early doors. (Why we didn't start with Jonas sticking right in front of Mwiba is beyond me). Dzeko looked so dangerous all night, as did Aguero.

I'd like to say that the better team won, but that'd suggest there was another team on the pitch. The only players to come out of that game with any pride were Krul, Ben Arfa and Dummett. The stupid yellows we picked up I'd attribute to poor morale and less discipline.
Debuchy had his worst game in a black and white shirt by some margin. Looks like a player who sees his best mate leaving the club and wants to follow him out the door.
Steven Taylor was an embarrassment; I'd expect frustrated fouls when Ageuro was doing him for pace or trickery, but a clubbing on the back of the head just screams a childhood of eating glue and licking windows.
Colo was distracted and unsure of what everyone else was doing, poor game, but he'll improve.
Mbiwa is not a fullback, never has been. When he was shifted into the centre he looked better by orders of magnitude.
Tiote and Sissoko were clueless in the centre, I can only take solace from the fact they won't meet Yaya Toure and Fernandinho (who looks very assured) every week.
Gouffran did nothing wrong, really. Yet he did nothing good either... anonymous really.
Cisse was abject, clearly couldn't give a monkeys and the sooner we get some competition for him, the better.
Ben Arfa got some stick from MNF for not defending, but it was clear to me that he was told that he was our only attacking outlet (bar the hoof to Cisse), he looked like the only outfield player that was up for it and capable.
Thought Dummett did really well when he came on, but the game was already over.

With your players;
Hart had nothing to do, but save the 1 shot we managed on target so fair dos
Zabaleta was quality going forward, great link up with Navas in the 1st half and he nearly scored late on
the two centre halfs didn't have to break sweat. Partly because of how poor we were, but mainly because they're well drilled and they're quality centre backs. What's the news on Kompany?
Not being funny but I don't remember your left back doing anything. Again, I don't think that's a mark of how we had him pegged back, or anything. I just don't remember him and Ben Arfa did much of his running through the centre.
Silva looked up for it and pulled the strings in the 1st half whenever the ball wasn't going down our targeted left side.
Yaya and Fernandinho dominated the centre of the park from the 1sxt minute til the last. With the attacking line up you can name, these two will be vital in controlling games.
Navas had a great debut and looks an intelligent old fashioned winger, but bear in mind, he will face much much sterner tests
Aguero and Dzeko were dangerous and terrified our defence in their own inimitable styles. SA's movement is just mesmerising...

Anyway, congrats on the win, ignore Pardew's misdirection attempts, we were comfortably beaten because we were all over the place and you have quality throughout the squad. Was actually saying I couldn't think of a single player in our squad that'd get in your squad and that is a fucking depressing state of affairs for a club that should be gunning for European spots every year.

(Fancy loaning us Sinclair?)

Loan him !!! You can fooking have him. ;)

Blue Theatre said:
Very minor gripe: For the last 6 or 7 minutes, Negredo was desperate to have a ball delivered to him; set-off on a couple of runs beyond his man, and stood with his arm up out toward the wing several times ... but the rest of the team seemed to have settled for 4-0 and were happy just passing short around the midfield and defence. Just felt we could / should have kept going and looked for a fifth rather than "settle".

I think the team could probaby have ripped Newcastle to (more) pieces playing the way they did last night, but at the risk of picking up stupid injuries. I hear a lot of ex-pros say it takes 4/5 competitive games to get to proper match fitness, so taking them on their word reckon that may be the reason. Yaya certainly wanted to stand still at the end!

The Fish said:
Well done on the win, it was the result (and scoreline) I'd predicted, but I wasn't expecting us to be so gutless.

Navas and Zabaleta look to have already got a good understanding and they tore our makeshift left back to pieces early doors. (Why we didn't start with Jonas sticking right in front of Mwiba is beyond me). Dzeko looked so dangerous all night, as did Aguero.

I'd like to say that the better team won, but that'd suggest there was another team on the pitch. The only players to come out of that game with any pride were Krul, Ben Arfa and Dummett. The stupid yellows we picked up I'd attribute to poor morale and less discipline.
Debuchy had his worst game in a black and white shirt by some margin. Looks like a player who sees his best mate leaving the club and wants to follow him out the door.
Steven Taylor was an embarrassment; I'd expect frustrated fouls when Ageuro was doing him for pace or trickery, but a clubbing on the back of the head just screams a childhood of eating glue and licking windows.
Colo was distracted and unsure of what everyone else was doing, poor game, but he'll improve.
Mbiwa is not a fullback, never has been. When he was shifted into the centre he looked better by orders of magnitude.
Tiote and Sissoko were clueless in the centre, I can only take solace from the fact they won't meet Yaya Toure and Fernandinho (who looks very assured) every week.
Gouffran did nothing wrong, really. Yet he did nothing good either... anonymous really.
Cisse was abject, clearly couldn't give a monkeys and the sooner we get some competition for him, the better.
Ben Arfa got some stick from MNF for not defending, but it was clear to me that he was told that he was our only attacking outlet (bar the hoof to Cisse), he looked like the only outfield player that was up for it and capable.
Thought Dummett did really well when he came on, but the game was already over.

With your players;
Hart had nothing to do, but save the 1 shot we managed on target so fair dos
Zabaleta was quality going forward, great link up with Navas in the 1st half and he nearly scored late on
the two centre halfs didn't have to break sweat. Partly because of how poor we were, but mainly because they're well drilled and they're quality centre backs. What's the news on Kompany?
Not being funny but I don't remember your left back doing anything. Again, I don't think that's a mark of how we had him pegged back, or anything. I just don't remember him and Ben Arfa did much of his running through the centre.
Silva looked up for it and pulled the strings in the 1st half whenever the ball wasn't going down our targeted left side.
Yaya and Fernandinho dominated the centre of the park from the 1sxt minute til the last. With the attacking line up you can name, these two will be vital in controlling games.
Navas had a great debut and looks an intelligent old fashioned winger, but bear in mind, he will face much much sterner tests
Aguero and Dzeko were dangerous and terrified our defence in their own inimitable styles. SA's movement is just mesmerising...

Anyway, congrats on the win, ignore Pardew's misdirection attempts, we were comfortably beaten because we were all over the place and you have quality throughout the squad. Was actually saying I couldn't think of a single player in our squad that'd get in your squad and that is a fucking depressing state of affairs for a club that should be gunning for European spots every year.

(Fancy loaning us Sinclair?)
Newcastle have some good players, but sadly for such a great club you don't have the owners and management you deserve. I doubt that NUFC will do anything of note until Ashley decides to sell up.

I have sympathy with the plight of all away fans, but when these bulbs chant where were you when you were shit, while sitting in an unsold reduced allocation it does make me laugh.

Anyone else be happy to see us bag Ben Arfa?

The lad is quality and to see him in a side like ours now and then would be interesting imo.

M24 Citizen said:
kun said:
Player ratings:

Hart 6

Zabaleta 8
Kompany 8
Lescott 7
Clichy 7

Yaya 9
Fernandinho 8
Silva 8
Navas 7

Aguero 7
Dzeko 8

Nasri 7
Garcia 5
Negredo 6

Fucking hell, if Hart got 6 for not having to do anything why've you given Garcia a 5? Granted he didn't have to do much either, he did nothing wrong. Would have give Navas at least an 8, ripped them apart.

Well said ! You've got to laugh at some so called supporters. No matter what happens on the pitch they can't resist their little small minded predjudices ! The guy comes on the pitch, plays out of position, does absoutely nothing wrong and wins some decent possession but still gets a rating below a goal keeper that hardly even touched the ball !

fathellensbellend said:
I have sympathy with the plight of all away fans, but when these bulbs chant where were you when you were shit, while sitting in an unsold reduced allocation it does make me laugh.
To be fair, it's just a stock chant that loads of away sections sing. Same as the "your support is fucking shit", the "Where's your famous atmosphere" and all that Soccer AM shit. I'd not take it to heart.

Also, given your recent rapid improvement in finance and fortune, you cannot honestly say you've not noticed an increase in the number of plastic Man City fans? I know I saw a sudden and depressing increase when Keegan 1st joined and again when Robson took us back to the top table. If you were sitting in the pissing rain when Swales and co took you to the edges of the abyss, then obviously this song is not directed at you. If, however, you've never known a Man City pre-Shinawatra, well... that'll be that then.

Marvin said:
Newcastle have some good players, but sadly for such a great club you don't have the owners and management you deserve. I doubt that NUFC will do anything of note until Ashley decides to sell up.

You're not wrong. The rumours are that he's waiting until the money he loaned to the club is repaid (from tv and transfer fees), then he'll be ready to sell the club he's dry-bummed into the dirt for pure profit.

We were good last night, very good in spells, excellent in others but i'm expecting a lot more to boot.

I thought there was a spell where we were fannying around with possession and that ultimately got Kompany injured as we lost the ball after 30 seconds of pointless little three yard passes that got us absolutely nowhere, Ameobi broke away and Kompany had to cover for Yaya, Navas, Nasri and Fernandinho's stupid passage of play and put in a sliding tackle that hurt his groin.

It was good other than that though. I thought Hart did well with the one save he had to make, i thought Zaba and Clichy were faultless, i thought Lescott was immense after some early nerves, Kompany was great (hope he's okay!), Garcia played very well when he came on winning headers and showing bursts of pace (where's that comes from? lol), Fernandinho is tidy as fuck he was like a hoover and he has a burst of pace off the mark too, Yaya was good for early season Yaya, Navas was dangerous all game, Silva was amazing, Nasri was very good when he came on, Kun looked strong and sharp since he's not played all pre-season (he could score an absolute bag full this season), Edin was brilliant!

Good stuff! Onwards and upwards...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.