City v Newcastle Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------------Hart------------------

Zabba------Kompany-----Otto--------Sagna

---------------Ferna------- Yaya--------------

----------------------Silva---------------------

Kdb------------------Aguero-----------Sterling

If Kompany is available that is (not seen any latest reports on injury)

That for me is the strongest 11 with the injures we have at present

if yaya is out we have to play fernando

Or we could also do this:

Hart
Sagna
Demichelis
Otamendi
Zabaleta
Fernandinho
De Bruyne* his long range passing would surely be an asset and hopefully he can cut out the wayward passing since he wouldn't have to be making as many risky passes
Navas* they have issues with their left back position occasioned by injuries which we can exploit hopefully
Silva
Sterling
Aguero* wouldnt be a bad way to return to form if he does a Lewandowski here

Last edited:
-------------------Hart------------------

Zabba------Kompany-----Otto--------Sagna

---------------Ferna------- Yaya--------------

----------------------Silva---------------------

Kdb------------------Aguero-----------Sterling

If Kompany is available that is (not seen any latest reports on injury)

That for me is the strongest 11 with the injures we have at present

if yaya is out we have to play fernando
I don't think Kompany will be available until after the international break

I don't think Kompany will be available until after the international break

Sounds like Silva might also be a concern the game on Saturday..M.E.N reported that Pelle said...

"Silva will be assessed before Newcastle"

Hart

Sagna
Demichelis
Otamendi
Kolarov

Dinho
Nando

Navas
Kdb
Sterling

Aguero

Would prefer to see silva but didn't look fit Wednesday and don't think he will start Saturday

silva and yaya on the bench.

2 fern and navas,de bruine,sterling,aguero in attack.

Fernando De Bruyne and Silva with Sterling and Navas tucked in when we don't have the ball

I'm anticipating Newcastle getting men behind the ball. No Delph. Toure possibly carrying a knock. Fernandinho could play, but we don't have a lot of options

Getting Bony back would be a bonus allowing us to rest Aguero, but Aguero looks to me like his game is picking up. He hasn't played well since the Chelsea game, but last night he was a consistent goal threat all game. If we could beat Newcastle, get Aguero on the scoresheet and avoid more injuries that would be perfect

Far too unbalanced mate! It has to be Fernandinho and 1 of Toure or Fernando, then either of Sterling or Navas to start on the bench (I'm guessing Navas). Thats assuming Silva is now fine.

GMR coverage suggested he started the game less than 100% fit and went off to prevent further injury. I would assume from that he could play but he clearly isn’t 100%.
Correct - Fred Eyre mentioned that Yaya had his leg heavily strapped - Pellers admitted Yaya wasn't 100%. It was a risk to play him against Borussia.

Love how optimistic you lot are. After that performance against Gladbach and inevitably how tired some of our players will be I can see this being a very difficult match. Especially with Newcastle on a high after that result against the Bus parkers. Think this match will be a good marker for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.