CITY v Newcastle Utd - Official Match Thread

Freestyler

Well my usual run of making these matchday threads and predicting city victories continues once again after the win against chelsea, so i'm getting this one in early once again, yes i know we have Juventus before but i only make Premiership ones :)

Great result against the rent boys, commitment was superb, organisation was spot on, everyone played their part, Boateng looks like he is back now, hopefully Silva isn't injured.

Newcastle have been up and down a little, gave a great account of themselves at the dippers and won, so they are capable of a upset away from home, but realistically i'm sure we are strong enough to see us through comfortably and claim our 3rd win on the bounce.

not many changes in term of team selection, IMO Milner was poor against Wigan last week and didn't play much better today, i would drop him and play Johnson, also bring in Boateng if he is ready, if not then stick with Boyata.

here's my team:

---------------------Hart

Boateng-------Toure------Kompany-----Zabaleta

--------------------De Jong

-----------------Toure----Barry

------Johnson-------Tevez--------Silva

CITY 3-0.

marco said:

LOL we can always dream huh

Ill give a prediction after seeing how Newcastle plays a solid stoke team today..

Besides from that I would give Silva a rest, for AJ. Put Silva on in the 75th minute.

Also sub in Jerome in the 2nd half to ease him into things.

Maybe start adebayor.

I would stick with Boyata over Micah, despite him being a CB.

Newcastle are crap, we will thrash them 4-0, 5-0 and show everyone that we have the chance of winning the premier league, we are no longer the pushovers of the early 2000's, I think we turned the corner in 2007-08 season under Sven ( but that is another subject )
City would beat Newcastle with the City Academy, so we will thrash them with the real team
City 4 Ever!!!

MCFC 4 EVER said:
Newcastle are crap, we will thrash them 4-0, 5-0 and show everyone that we have the chance of winning the premier league, we are no longer the pushovers of the early 2000's, I think we turned the corner in 2007-08 season under Sven ( but that is another subject )
City would beat Newcastle with the City Academy, so we will thrash them with the real team
City 4 Ever!!!

Newcastle are a strong team, over confidence will get you nowhere. I expect us to win by 1 or 2 goals not more than that.

The complication is the game on Weds. We need to rotate players

Newcastle who played a strong team at Chelsea looked jaded today.

3-0 City

-----------------Hart-------------------
Boyata------Kolo------Vinnie--------Zaba
-----------------NDJ-----------------
-----------Barry-------Yaya-----------
Silva------------------------------Milner
----------------Tevez-----------------

I'd like to see AJ start as milner on the wing isn't as effective as AJ but mancini obviously values having a right footed winger and not two left footers . We should win comfortably tbh , if we play with a good level of consistency and play like we did against chelski we will win by a mile . If we get sloppy and take the game for granted however , we could draw or even worse . But I fully expect a win and hopefully due to the games we have we can go on a run and climb to the top of the table . Tevez to bag 2 and Silva with the other

Aussie! said:
marco said:

LOL we can always dream huh

Ill give a prediction after seeing how Newcastle plays a solid stoke team today..

Besides from that I would give Silva a rest, for AJ. Put Silva on in the 75th minute.

Also sub in Jerome in the 2nd half to ease him into things.

Maybe start adebayor.

I would stick with Boyata over Micah, despite him being a CB.

did you watch newcastle v joke 'have you changed your mind'?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.