CITY v Newcastle Utd - Official Match Thread

Haslingdon said:
De Jong is a hell of a player: strong, intelligent and a wonderful reader of a game. As a defensive midfielder he's shown himself to be one of the best around - if he became available it would be the European big guns who would be after him.

However, he does have an issue with, shall we say, overzealousness. He can go in a little too hard and this spoils his reputation. Unfortunately he chose the World Cup final to produce his most reckless challenge - and let's be honest, here, that was outrageous - and today's tackle didn't look good.

We have to be honest with ourselves and ask what would our reaction be if these challenges had been on our players? You decide.

Easy. I've decided.

You see half a dozen worse challenges than the one today, EVERY weekend.

I felt sorry for Nige today, because I am sure he's a decent lad and was probably a bit upset to have broken someone's leg.

Neil McNab said:
FantasyIreland said:
Like the rest of us,can't imagine he's too complimentary about you....

Total halfwit.
Can total and half be used in the same description? Doesn't seem to make any sense, much like your assumption that you speak for the rest of the planet. De Jong is a mentalist who adds very little value to our midfield (which is slow, ploddy and lacking ideas). I suggest that you're a dim wit masquerading as a half wit!
Our team is living off the performances of a few players who are doing the business, De Jong aint one of them.

Agree with Neil - De Jong is a great DM but I'm sure Barry could do the same job with less damage on either side, There's no need to go in at 100mph and scissor someone out of the game. If NDJ got banned for several games I actually think we'd do better against the 'lower' teams.

lionheart said:
Please don't laugh but we looked so much more damgerous after the 57th minute when Adebayor came on. He looked keen and sharp (for once).

and even more when aj came on, don't how milner stayed the full 90 mins he's struggling with form for me. his effort is there but things just don't seem to be clicking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.