CITY v Newcastle Utd - Official Match Thread

I'll be honest, i'd love to see Milner in centre mid with Barry and then De Jong holding. Yaya is top class but he's been in the thick of it from the start, so I think prehaps a rest to see what Milner and Barry can do together in the middle.

A game like this could be a chance to try this formation, it's not like it would be much of a weakened team. AJ and Silva wide, Milner storming up the middle.

Not sure if RM is ready and willing yet to go with so many attacking options though lol

Marvin said:
The complication is the game on Weds. We need to rotate players

Newcastle who played a strong team at Chelsea looked jaded today.

we're playing Juve on Thurs....

is really in the middle that makes Milner and Barry sparks in Astom Villa.but all the same we need to push more players against them not be static without moving in attacking which i see alot from yaya and barry,milner as well.

Back page of today's Newcastle Evening Chronicle:

Coloccini and Gutierrez aim to shock Carlos Tevez

FABRICIO COLOCCINI and Jonas Gutierrez today spoke in unison when they warned Manchester City ace Carlos Tevez: “We’re out to get you.”

Yeah, good luck with that.

_______________Hart_______________
Boateng__Kolol Touré__Kompany__Zabaleta

______Yaya Touré____de Jong_________
______________Milner_______________
A Johnson_______________Silva_______
______________Tévez_______________

That's what I'd go for anyway, maybe rest Yaya and play Barry as there has been something off about Yaya lately, but we should be able to rest him later on, or maybe just sub him off around the hour.

Zabs is out & not sure if Boateng will be expected to play again so soon.
Problems at the back again unfortunately

I think we need to give Milner a game in the middle, because of his diversity he is being played out wide but I don't think it's his best position. He was class last season in a central role, we need to allow him to play there, he can run the game. I would maybe rest Barry for this one, and play:

Hart,
Boateng,
Kompany,
Toure,
Boyata,
De Jong,
Yaya,
Milner,
Silva,
AJ,
Tevez.

2-0 City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.