CITY v Newcastle Utd - Official Match Thread

carlos92 said:
True in one sense but we could of had a second one with the Tiote challenge on Silva.
Not actually convinced that was a pen, though it was a better shout than the one we actually got! Still, we've had more than our fair share of shocking decisions down the years so I won't refuse the odd iffy one now!

the talisman said:
I may not be exactly impartial when I'm watching City (silly me).
We've had our share of poor decisions in our time, when I watched in real time I thought "defo pen". ;-)
Lescott maybe a bit lucky, maybe he got some leeway because it didn't look like they would get anything from that position.
Just enjoying the ride, fellow blues.
You're allowed to be biased. We all are!! I'm just trying to see things impartially (not always the easiest thing to do!).

Cobwebcat said:
With or without penalties we got lucky today very lucky. I hope Bridge or Zab ot AK13 is fit in two weeks as Lescott isnt a left back. How we could have done with Balo today.
He looked more of a left back than Boateng looked like a right back in the 1st half, very poor and his barber missed a bit!

Hopefully Ben Arfa will make a good recovery,i believe its his Tib and Fib,not good...... Best wishes.

FantasyIreland said:
Hopefully Ben Arfa will make a good recovery,i believe its his Tib and Fib,not good...... Best wishes.

Agreed, hope he's OK. I didn't really see the challenge (dodgy stream for the first 10 minutes), is Nige in trouble?

hertsblue said:
The thing with the penalty to us, the defender did get the ball but he also got Tevez. If he took the ball 1st and knocked it for a corner i dont think it would have been a penalty. However he dived in and only touched the ball a few yards, if Tevez was still on his feet he would have easily been onto the ball but as the player took Tevez also the ref deemed it correctly as a penalty.
the talisman said:
jimharri said:
Don't be silly. On two counts, it wasn't a penalty. Firstly, the challenge was at least 18 inches outside the area. And secondly, the defender (Williamson?) actually got the ball. Therefore, both those points negate your call for the man to have been sent off. The Lescott tackle in the second half, however, WAS a ''defo'' penalty. If I was a Newcastle fan watching that game, I'd be raging at the ref. As for the half chances; agreed. But we should be taking them. There'll be days when we won't get as lucky as we did today.

I may not be exactly impartial when I'm watching City (silly me).

We've had our share of poor decisions in our time, when I watched in real time I thought "defo pen". ;-)

Lescott maybe a bit lucky, maybe he got some leeway because it didn't look like they would get anything from that position.

Just enjoying the ride, fellow blues.

even if you get your foot on the ball, it doesn't mean you can take the man with it, does it?

also, if you impeded a player in the box when there's no ball in sight, it's still a penalty.

we got a similar award against Newcastle the other season when I was in a bar in Istanbul and arguing about it with a bunch of Arsenal fans over there for the FB Champion's League match.

I thought they were both penalties in the game today, but as many have acknowledged, we got ours and they didn't get theirs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.