City V Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

tangaroa said:
I know Mancini likes to play Johnno as an impact substitute but fuck me, what an impact! I know they were tiring, but we were a different team after Johnno came on.

Yaya, Barry and Clichy were awesome as was Nasri. Kolo is a liability though and I for one won't be sorry to see him leave for PSG next month.

All in all, a thoroughly professional performance!
I think Kolo was fine. He got turned once, but every defender gets turned usually more than once per match.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Dave S said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
I've been in the US a few years now, but isn't it spelled 'defense' in England as well? Or is the suggestion that there's no such thing as a defense in soccer?
Defence.

Does Bluemoon use a US spellchecker, or is my US computer running the spellcheck? because it also thinks it should be 'defense'. Oh well, maybe I have been here too long... I won't get too defencive about it.

And how come no one fell for the 'soccer' reference - very disappointed ;-)

'Soccer' is derived from the word 'asSOCiation' as in 'Association Football', so named to distinguish the game from 'Rugby Football', and the like, and was used in the UK in the 19th Century.

US English is recognised as a separate, legitimate branch of the English language. Some words/spellings/pronunciation in US English are actually closer to the original UK versions but have not changed over the years, whereas the UK versions have changed.

I think.

Great win today, whaddever.

andrewmswift said:
Blue Haze said:
The pundit back in the Fox Soccer studio said he loved Balotelli's finish

Said he hadn't seen something like that in 25 years.

warren barton loves city and always bigs up balo
For the last couple months anyway. Before that, not so much.

great win-onwards and upwards.

Joe looked mighty pissed at conceding. big inquest at the end with Kompany.

LoveCity said:
Yaya Toure is a master artist of football.

he'll be slightly less successful on Wednesday and most folk on here will be calling him fat, careless, and questioning whether his contract stipulating if he has to start every match.

it's unfortunate that the Ivory Coast are probably favourites for ACON as well, small chance of not making it out of the group and thus coming back to City early.

Tell you what, it was fucking cold at the ground today. i'm taking my blanket with me on wednesday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.