City V Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

CaliforniaBlue said:
HorshamBlue said:
joezilla said:
the result is one thing, but how you got to the result is entirely different topic. there have been few glitches in the defense, and some of the goals scored were a matter of chance. this game was against a team that didn't turn those glitches into goals, and allowed those chances to work for city. you can't expect city to win matches by scoring over 3 goals every game in order to nullify conceded goals.
"Defense"? Stick to American football pal.

I've been in the US a few years now, but isn't it spelled 'defense' in England as well? Or is the suggestion that there's no such thing as a defense in soccer?
Defence.

Love_Each_Day said:
The pressing in the first half was brilliant, we're getting steadily better at this and not many teams in the league will be able to handle it if we keep playing like that. Toure really benifited from the rest he got midweek and ran the show today. Only bad point is the goal conceded, we had been looking lazy defensively for the few minutes before that and you could see it coming

Agreed about the pressing. Reminded me of Barca a bit but lets not go there hey :)

CaliforniaBlue said:
HorshamBlue said:
joezilla said:
the result is one thing, but how you got to the result is entirely different topic. there have been few glitches in the defense, and some of the goals scored were a matter of chance. this game was against a team that didn't turn those glitches into goals, and allowed those chances to work for city. you can't expect city to win matches by scoring over 3 goals every game in order to nullify conceded goals.

I've been in the US a few years now, but isn't it spelled 'defense' in England as well? Or is the suggestion that there's no such thing as a defense in soccer?
Strictly speaking, you've been in California. In Britain it is spelt "defence". ;o)

From BBC sport.

"1604: We're off and running in all five Premier League games, where Manchester City had 78% possession in the first half against Norwich.

Another record ??

Dave S said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
HorshamBlue said:

Defence.

Does Bluemoon use a US spellchecker, or is my US computer running the spellcheck? because it also thinks it should be 'defense'. Oh well, maybe I have been here too long... I won't get too defencive about it.

And how come no one fell for the 'soccer' reference - very disappointed ;-)

CaliforniaBlue said:
Dave S said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Defence.

Does Bluemoon use a US spellchecker, or is my US computer running the spellcheck? because it also thinks it should be 'defense'. Oh well, maybe I have been here too long... I won't get too defencive about it.

It is defence, with a c
Offence, with a c

Its your language though, lads. Not like we gave it you and you changed it or owt.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Dave S said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Defence.

Defensive :-)

city saint said:
fuck me win 5 1 and bluemoon arguing how to spell defence

Never mind about the spelling what about the pronunciation.

It's 'defence' all one word and not Dee Fense like someone's name.

Anyway where were we...ahhh yes City's brilliant performance today......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.