City v Norwich Post Match Discussion Thread

After a night to reflect on the game I still don't understand why BK picked the team that he did. Still not heard whether Kompany or Nasty were both carrying injuries or were tired but as soon as I saw that back four I was worried. For me if you don't need a result you play some youngsters/reserves - that way if you lose you'll at least have done something constructive. But instead the team we picked was made up of our second choice players - some of them clearly not fully fit (Richards who was not at full fitness and playing out of position ) others we already know are not good enough and don't have a future at the club.

Having said that there is no excuse for the performance of most of the players yesterday. Any player that can't get motivated to pull on a blue shirt (regardless of what's at stake) can ply their trade elsewhere. Other than Tevez and Rodwell I didn't see anybody putting in a shift yesterday and I (like many others here) am starting to question why we gave Ya Ya a new 5 year deal - in the last couple of weeks we've seen probably our most capable player put in less effort than Berbatov on valium. I don't know why he is never dropped (unless this rumour of a contract clause is true)

If I was the owner (or Chairman)- even before the new manager is appointed - I would read the players the riot act and tell them that this performance level is not acceptable. If there is nothing at stake they play for the badge and if that's enough they can go elsewhere.

de niro said:
Phuket Blue said:
citytill1die84 said:
Glad Kidd won't be getting the job full time shocking substitutions. But glad the season is over bring on a blue summer :)

Agree with 'shocking substitutions'. Take off 2 of the few players who looked interested!?
Unless there were instructions coz Carlos is being sold???

can only be that, he was along with jack the best player on the pitch. bye carlos and thanks for what you did for us.

I thought maybe Txiki would have had a word with Kidd and wanted to show up the other players who weren't performing as a proper excuse to lecture them/get rid of them.

Rodwell earnt his stripes and Carlos was impressive, without them the abjectness of the rest of the team really shone through, maybe the staff were making a point to the players.

de niro said:
samharris said:
jauganaut said:
You apparently cant understand that it is possible for our best player to have big flaws.
Your counter argument is even more ridiculous and not to mention immature
I regret starting argument with someone who clearly lacks the basic skills to do it constructively

get behind the team and players

where's your little picture gone?

Canal street cruisin'..

Pics and comments on the Norwich game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citmay13b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citmay13b.htm</a>
Thanks for your support this season. Lets hope it will be better next time under our new manager !

Chippy_boy said:
The other thing I hadn't thought of at the time, but what if Pellegrini is still deliberating on whether to come here or not? What sort of incentive will that pitiful performance give him?

I cannot for the life of me understand why our players (in the main) didn't seem to give a shit about protecting our incredible home record, nor putting on a display for our future manager.

Or if they are off and they know it, for *their* future manager.

By contrast, it looks like it was Tevez' last game and yet look at the professional shift he put in, yet again. Compare that to Nasri for example. Bloody disgraceful.

£££££££££ might be some incentive. Plus the academy which he can now setup and run the way he wants.

Blue and Proud said:
Chippy_boy said:
The other thing I hadn't thought of at the time, but what if Pellegrini is still deliberating on whether to come here or not? What sort of incentive will that pitiful performance give him?

I cannot for the life of me understand why our players (in the main) didn't seem to give a shit about protecting our incredible home record, nor putting on a display for our future manager.

By contrast, it looks like it was Tevez' last game and yet look at the professional shift he put in, yet again. Compare that to Nasri for example. Bloody disgraceful.

£££££££££ might be some incentive. Plus the academy which he can now setup and run the way he wants.

I don't think you understood my point.

Anyone notice the commentator on MOTD refer to the 'infamous' Poznan after Norwich scored? Not very nice really.

Infamous
having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.
deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed.

roj said:
Anyone notice the commentator on MOTD refer to the 'infamous' Poznan after Norwich scored? Not very nice really.

Infamous
having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.
deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed.

They are programmed to mention the negative. I don't watch MotD now. Just turned into a pro-Rag\anti-City mouthpiece. It's a pretty poor quality programme all round not least of which characteristic is the moronic, semi-literate specimens they employ on the programme and the inane drivel they spout..

Chippy_boy said:

Spot on Mr Chippy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.