City v Palace Post Match Thread

Ducado said:
Burtonblue said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
6 rested today, and they needed a rest most of them.

The rest played less than 40 hours ago

The manager kept it tight, then changed formation and we won the game

Our tenth straight home win, which puts us top of the table.

We've got a cup semi coming up, and we're in the knockout stages of the CL

but STILL people query!

Wobble your heads
Thank Christ for some common sense on this forum.
Top of the league and people still whinging!
Can't play champagne football every time and winning ugly is just as important.
Excellent result today and well done Pellegrini for resting players.

It's only a very small minority that are whining to be fair
You may well be right my friend, but staggering nevertheless .
I guess some people are never happy with what they've got...
Maybe they don't remember where we were not so long ago.

Ducado said:
Burtonblue said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
6 rested today, and they needed a rest most of them.

The rest played less than 40 hours ago

The manager kept it tight, then changed formation and we won the game

Our tenth straight home win, which puts us top of the table.

We've got a cup semi coming up, and we're in the knockout stages of the CL

but STILL people query!

Wobble your heads

Sadly expected though. Sometimes I think we have it too good and people have way too much time on their hands to try to find faults wherever they can.

I am absolutely delighted with that at the end.

I have literally just finished watching the game now on "Sky's Football Choice". I had to work today and I have again successfully managed to "score dodge" through the day from 3pm until 10pm.

I have no complaints with regards to Mr P's team selection and certainly no complaints about those of our boys who were drafted in to the side today to replace our more established stars.

Well done to Palace who I thought were outstanding.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I am absolutely delighted with that at the end.

I have literally just finished watching the game now on "Sky's Football Choice". I had to work today and I have again successfully managed to "score dodge" through the day from 3pm until 10pm.

I have no complaints with regards to Mr P's team selection and certainly no complaints about those of our boys who were drafted in to the side today to replace our more established stars.

Well done to Palace who I thought were outstanding.
I just managed to catch it from my DVR a few minutes ago as well and I agree. I'm simply not understanding the complaining. They parked a bus and we broke them down. Job done.

Burtonblue said:
Ducado said:
Burtonblue said:

Many are trying to fight a battle that does not exist

Gabriel said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Gabriel said:
Can only assume Boyata was discouraged from attacking ahead of Navas, but it shows up his limitations in that position. He looked more at ease when he played centre-back at Newcastle, but he seems unable to rank even consideration for the vacant spot in the middle whenever others are injured.

It just highlighted to me that unless Micah can get himself fit then we can't extend his contract and we need to buy a right back we can rely on. Boyota is not good enough at this level. It's clear to see.

I agree in terms of a full-back, but I think there is a decent centre-back in him, especially if he were tutored by Kompany. However, I doubt time and opportunity will allow.
I agree with that, those giving him stick for not getting forward, forget that he is a CB, not a RB, I've not seen any coverage of today so can't comment on how he played, but on the few occasions he's playeed there before I've not been impressed. However he's a steady enough CB, and I'd certainly use him ahead of Garcia there, he's not of the level we require unofrtunately, but very few are.

Ducado said:
Burtonblue said:
Ducado said:

Many are trying to fight a battle that does not exist
Ah well....that's their problem.
I couldn't be happier with what is happening at the moment.
It's all coming good at the right time as far as I can see. Ugly wins and Joe back in form are two massive pluses from this week...

cleavers said:
Gabriel said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
It just highlighted to me that unless Micah can get himself fit then we can't extend his contract and we need to buy a right back we can rely on. Boyota is not good enough at this level. It's clear to see.

I agree in terms of a full-back, but I think there is a decent centre-back in him, especially if he were tutored by Kompany. However, I doubt time and opportunity will allow.
I agree with that, those giving him stick for not getting forward, forget that he is a CB, not a RB, I've not seen any coverage of today so can't comment on how he played, but on the few occasions he's playeed there before I've not been impressed. However he's a steady enough CB, and I'd certainly use him ahead of Garcia there, he's not of the level we require unofrtunately, but very few are.
Yes. Every squad has drop-off. He's our third-choice RB at the moment. There are several worse starting RBs in the League.

pride in battle said:
We knew they would park the bus but we didn't have enough width, Navas for some reason kept coming inside adding to an already overloaded midfield.Kolarov should have also started thus stretching them and getting quality balls into the box.
We got out of jail and yes we won but I feel our tactics were way off....

because boyata was not mobile enough to pull players away from him leaving him one on one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.