City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Len Rum said:
Marvin said:
Attack v defence. Much easier to defend and sit there. You don't need the sharpness and bursts of energy required to beat opponents
I take your point but I think that's stretching it a bit. However it is an argument for at least keeping the spine of the time together and playing Dzeko up front. These wholesale change merchants suggesting we play Garcia,Rodwell, Guidetti, Boyata etc really worry me.
We need fresh legs and some quality but I am not sure Nasri, Silva, Navas are fit to start. We are talking 48 hours and it is impossible to recover in that period. You play a player who has not fully recovered, you risk injury
Navas I agree with but without one of Nasri/Silva we lack creativity in Midfield. I'd go 45 mins each.

Wreckless Alec said:
Marvin said:
Ruddles81 said:
A look in their forum suggests a shade over 2k which if so would be very impressive.
Can't be as I am pretty sure that we have the Upper Tier.

-- Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:41 pm --

Negredo's injury was it a kick to the calf, or a strain? Anyone from the North Stand see?

Looked like cramp to me. He was pulling his foot back like players do when someone has cramp. He wouldn't have done that if it had been anything serious.
He didn't look too bad after the game. Hopefully the ice-pack was just precautionary. Can't see him starting v Palace but would be good to have him on the bench.

If we have to change any, or part, or all of the below I would go with

Milner for Zab
Clichy for Kolorov
Dzeko for Negredo

We have to win this one, no ifs or buts otherwise the good work done yesterday counts for fuck all. I am sure Palace players will be jaded as well.

If he wants to rest Fernandhino or Yaya then Milner should be their stand in.

I'd make a couple of changes but I think we should look to get the game won by half-time and only then rest players and give the likes of Nasty and Guidetti, if ready, a run out.

--------------------Dzeko-----------------

--Nasri/Silva----Jovetic-------Milner

----------Fernandinho---Yaya

--Clichy---Lescott--Kompany--Boyata

----------------------Hart-----------

Think we will go:

-----------------------Speroni--------------------------

Mariappa - Delaney - Gabbidon - Parr

------------------Ward - Jedinak----------------------

Bolasie ---------- Chamakh ----------- Bannan

------------------------Gayle-----------------------------

cpfc123 said:
Think we will go:

Do you think Pulis may play kids and reserves and in so doing bolster his chances of winning your next game?<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:12 pm --<br /><br />
ElanJo said:
I'd make a couple of changes but I think we should look to get the game won by half-time and only then rest players and give the likes of Nasty and Guidetti, if ready, a run out.

--------------------Dzeko-----------------

--Nasri/Silva----Jovetic-------Milner

----------Fernandinho---Yaya

--Clichy---Lescott--Kompany--Boyata

----------------------Hart-----------
Jovetic is out

Marvin said:
cpfc123 said:
Think we will go:

Do you think Pulis may play kids and reserves and in so doing bolster his chances of winning your next game?

Doubt it. Think he will play the kids in the F.A cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.