Status
Not open for further replies.
For me:

Hart
Boyata Kompany Nastasic Clichy
Rodwell Milner
Navas Silva Nasri
Dzeko

Easily enough freshness in that starting 11 - only Nasri has been a consistent starter this season.

Negrado Yaya Fernandinho Kolarov Jovetic Pantilimon Lescott

Think Rodwell is made for this game and Milner deserves a chance to shine in central midfield
Yaya / Ferny on for Silva Nasri once we've got the 3rd or at half time whichever is later ;-)
If fit I'd be tempted to go with Jovetic ahead of Nasri.

Complete rest for Zabs / Demi.
Save Guidetti to start in the cup game.

If we start playing Boyata and Garcia we risk not winning.

Palace coming to us off the back of an away win. If the players are as over confident as the fans we could drop points.

Cobwebcat said:
If we start playing Boyata and Garcia we risk not winning.

Palace coming to us off the back of an away win. If the players are as over confident as the fans we could drop points.
In normal circumstances yes but 48 hours on is a big ask. Take the right back position. There's no Micah and Zab says he and Pellegrini took a risk in him playing against Liverpool.

kippaxblue76 said:
Couldn't understand why Rodwell wasn't on the bench against Liverpool, three defenders ahead of him, injured again ?
Maybe because Zab was a gamble? Garcia and Milner were on bench too. Would we need 3 midfield subs?

Considering injuries/rest/non complacency, this would be my starting line up.

Hart

Clichy/Boyata Lescott Nastasic Kolarov

Fernandinho/Yaya (45 Mins each) Garcia

Nasri Milner

Dzeko Jovetic

If Jovetic can't play then Rodwell in midfield and 4-5-1.

* Kompany should be rested. He came back from a long layoff and has played a lot including the league cup. He is far too valuable for us going forward.

* Silva is one yellow card away from an unnecessary ban and will be needed in full fitness for Swansea away where they will tire us with their passing. Ditto for Navas

* Not sure what is happening with Jovetic, I hope he can start.

* Would like to see Guidetti/Lopes somewhere but don't know if the manager rates them enough.

* Rodwell as well if he is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.