City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play our strongest side and muller them. As long as it's a typical Pulis esq display at our place we should be able to rest key players for the second half.

If there were an extra 24 hour break, I'd be much more confident, but the 48 hour rest makes it difficult

If we are lucky, Pulis might decide to rest players for their New Years Day game. Utd used to get that benefit all the time

I hope Zabo gets rested. The hamstring was fine today, but why risk it. I am sure Boyata or Milner would be suitable RBs for the game and if things don't work out, then bring Zabo in the game as a sub. Would like the Beast to get a rest and maybe Toure. It certainly won't be as prolific a team but it is better to rest the players than risk serious injury through fatigue.

This would be a great game for Jovetic to play if he is not injured/sick

Zaba is being rested and Nastasic will play according to Cheeseman (via someone at City).

With Jovetic and Micah doing fitness training before the match, it'd be great if both were available.

Marvin said:
If there were an extra 24 hour break, I'd be much more confident, but the 48 hour rest makes it difficult

Well, they've only had a couple of hours more rest and both of their games are away. My concern isn't this game, which I think we'll win, but the accumulated effect of this fixture pile-up on players going into January.

Hart, Clichy, Lescott, Boyata, Facey, Milner, Garcia, Rodwell, Jovetic, Dzeko, Guidetti 4-3-1-2 Jovetic behind the front 2 with Facey at Right back and Milner the right side of the 3 midfielders protecting Facey who has pace to support attacks as well? Then just incase the subs could be Pantilimon, Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya, Silva, Negredo, Nimely! If we are winning big and a striker needs taking off throw Nimely on and if its cagey and a striker needs to come off throw Negredo on? I think this is a realistic team and the 2 strikers on the bench would be a must should Jovetic and Guidetti start!

-----------------------Hart--------------------------
Zab--Kompany------Nastasic------Clichy
----------Fernandinho-----Rodwell------------
----Milner--------Jovetic--------------Nasri
---------------------Dzeko-----------------------------

That would be my lineup, not sure about playing Zab again as it sounds like today was a risk but there is no other right back. I'd also like to rest Komps and it wouldn't be that bad to combine Lescott and Nastasic but I have a feeling Kompany will remain in the side. I'd also like to see Fernandinho and Yaya given a rest but that leaves us with poor quality in midfield, so I think Fernandinho and Rodwell should provide enough creativity and energy in the middle there, maybe we will even be able to get Fernandinho off early in the second half and bring on Garcia or split time with Yaya. Either way this will hopefully be a comfortable win and we can get important players off to rest up for Swansea away.

LoveCity said:
Zaba is being rested and Nastasic will play according to Cheeseman (via someone at City).

With Jovetic and Micah doing fitness training before the match, it'd be great if both were available.

Marvin said:

Well, they've only had a couple of hours more rest and both of their games are away. My concern isn't this game, which I think we'll win, but the accumulated effect of this fixture pile-up on players going into January.
But possibly easier to defend when you are tired

Potential Banana skin. Hopefully Zabaleta definitely won't play, he said himself today was a massive risk nevermind 2 games in 3 days. Thats just asking for trouble. Kompany is also a risk with his injury record and again would be a bit too risky too play him however Demi is probably out so he might have to play. Adding to that the right attitude needs to be shown in the game, I think it could be one of those slow tempo games where an upset could happen so hopefully whoever comes in can really try and keep the tempo up. Would be a bonus to see Jovetic on the bench at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.