City v Palace Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of resting players is doing my head in, you should know by now that any team with that twat in charge will be sent out to spoil and compete so just give me a 1-0 by 4.50 Sat and I will be on the 6.05 back to Devon a happy blue.

I'd rest The Beast and Pab Zab. I'd love Vin to be given a spell because I can see him getting injured in these types of situations and games, but it may not be possible with out current stocks.

It should be remembered this is not the crap cup or even the FA cup, where it is perfectly valid to swap around and rest your best team. This is the league and we should play our best possible team (at least until the game is demonstrably won). For anyone thinking differently I think you are in danger of being complacent, and for the results of complacency I refer you to current events down under. Same starting side as today please with the exception of injury concerns (Zab) or people coming back (Nasty).

worsleyweb said:
Hart
Milner Komps nasty Clichy
Ya ya fernandinio
Nasri silva
Dzecko
Guideti

please enough with Guidetti :) the guy never started a pl game ( i think) was injured featured only with EDS and what pellegrini will start him for an important home game.

how does it work Dzeko behind Guidetti ? !!

Kudos to Pab Zab for soldiering on put he mentioned post match today he came back early from a grade 1 hamstring injury. How much of a concern is it to play him 48 hrs later with that type of injury?

He said other than cramps all over he was relatively fine.

Should we give him the proper rest or continue to let him fight through it at risk of further injury?

MillionDollarDream said:
Kudos to Pab Zab for soldiering on put he mentioned post match today he came back early from a grade 1 hamstring injury. How much of a concern is it to play him 48 hrs later with that type of injury?

Should we give him the proper rest or continue to let him fight through it at risk of further injury?

Virtually said he wouldn't play on Saturday , Clichy will come in.

I would suspect at least 6 changes to the team that played against Liverpool.

So will Crystal Palace.

mancity1 said:
MillionDollarDream said:

Virtually said he wouldn't play on Saturday , Clichy will come in.

I would suspect at least 6 changes to the team that played against Liverpool.

So will Crystal Palace.
Palace have the most injuries out of anyone in the PL, 6 or 7 I think so they are probably pretty thin atm

Pulis has liked every chance he gets of getting in City's way ever since Dickov v. Gillingham. Plus they've been in good form the last few matches. So pick a strong team around Kompany, YaYa, Milner, Silva or Nasri, and Dzeko, get 2-0 up by the half hour and then coast it and rest up for Swansea, where they'll raise their game of course.

Have I got this right?

Yellow cards are re-set on tuesday (31st) and if Spanish Dave gets a card vs Palace he's out for the Swansea game?

If so, I'd rest him, should have enough at home to get past Palace without him.

Tourist since 1971 said:
It should be remembered this is not the crap cup or even the FA cup, where it is perfectly valid to swap around and rest your best team. This is the league and we should play our best possible team (at least until the game is demonstrably won). For anyone thinking differently I think you are in danger of being complacent, and for the results of complacency I refer you to current events down under. Same starting side as today please with the exception of injury concerns (Zab) or people coming back (Nasty).
Give it a rest, our second string side beat Bayern at the Allianz, I think they'll handle Crystal Palace at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.