City V PSG ticket Prices: 1894 Group statement in full

yeah so we have said all this in the 2 statements, we've twatted them in the press but also told them what they need to do. we totally get it's a business and ground is going to go a bit more corporate but it's too far, it affects the atmosphere and the enjoyment of fans at home games. as people on here have said, if prices are right and 55k turn up every week they make the money anyway through extra purchases, not just that, fans end up being fans for life. the fans who went during the barren years are starting to drift off now, that was an ageing support and if you make them pick and choose home games and make it almost impossible to get an away ticket, you are basically taking the club away from them

Keep up the good work mate, really need voices that have our best interests at heart using their influence for the good of the support. For too long we've been voiceless and that really works against us sometimes. We mustn't be afraid to rock the boat when it's absolutely necessary. The SOS showed just what can be achieved when the supporters come together.

You've gained a fan tonight.

Was £30 for an U16 a few years ago when we played Barca, disgusting, we all thought it was because of FFP, oh we will be okay when we get past that, how wrong was we !

We all have different opinions but I never consider a person a troll just because we disagree especially as calling people a troll seems to be a very dismissive way of saying 'I am right. you are wrong'.

There are many different opinions held on here but having a different opinion on City should not bring about some of the comments that have prevailed on here which do not show much unity.

Mate, he wasn't dismissed as a troll because he disagreed, he was dismissed as a troll because that's how he was behaving, I wasn't the only one to interpret him that way, and according to a mod he had previous warnings/bans for precisely that as well. Plenty of people disagreed without being dismissed as a troll.

But I'm bored about talking about this one particular lad though, so I'll leave it at that.

too dear then and it's too dear now. people twigging they are not getting value for money whereas before bought tickets for big champions league games as it was a novelty
not just that, loads forced to move and generally club more distant to fans these days
Fair comment, things are just getting out of hand now.

The season before last v Bayern my ticket in 106 was £58. What is all the fuss about?

Bayern has one special policy that is great - keep the prices for season ticket holders with a small budget very low and not to price them out. The other prices are pretty normal. And it is very difficult to get tickets at all. It does not make any sense to get onto the waiting list for season ticket holders - and there is a lottery for the other tickets amongst the members. But Bayern - City is not comparable. Bayern can sell out their stadium two or three times for about every match. They had more than 100.000 ticket orders for each of this season's Bundesliga home matches.

Bayern has one special policy that is great - keep the prices for season ticket holders with a small budget very low and not to price them out. The other prices are pretty normal. And it is very difficult to get tickets at all. It does not make any sense to get onto the waiting list for season ticket holders - and there is a lottery for the other tickets amongst the members. But Bayern - City is not comparable. Bayern can sell out their stadium two or three times for about every match. They had more than 100.000 ticket orders for each of this season's Bundesliga home matches.

Which comes from attracting day trippers and glory hunters that we are fully yet to see at City. It seems like the club is more bothered about attracting this type than looking after the core working class supporters who stuck by the club through thick and thin. I know too many people that don't go anymore due to the prices, I'm not saying it's just City, it's across the board but City could show they are ahead of other teams by bringing the working class back into the stadium with affordable pricing structures like you mentioned they have at Bayern. They could really be at the forefront of this and gain a lot of support and good press.

Why are people obsessed about 'working class'? As my Sociology professor used to say: if you go out of the house to work, be it in an office, a factory, a ship, down a mine, a shop or driving a lorry then you are working class because you are working. So the club are trying to attract PEOPLE to get the same enjoyment out of supporting our team as we do. (I realise that enjoyment might not be the right word this week but I'm sure you get my drift)
JMHO

Personally think we get a cracking deal on season tickets £28 per game in the family stand and I'd be happy paying upto £35 shoukd that ever be the price.
It's great value for money and for the product we receive.
£45 for a 1/4 final champions league is about my top line for what I would be happy paying so I'm happy to pay that too..
Would I like it to be cheeper ? Yes, but I don't think I'm getting ripped of on value what so ever...
Food and drink and the merchandise is my only concern where I think prices are high..

I don't buy much in or around the ground apart from when me lad wants a chicken bolti or I fancy a beer, rarely ..
We take our own snacks and soft drinks in..
If it got to a point where I thought ticketing wasent good value I'd start by instead of missing games or walking out as protest or abandoning somthing Iv loved for years trying to recoup what I thought I'm over paying by saving what ever I could on food and drink at the ground this could be up to £10/£15 per game for those who buy food and drink in and around the ground..
And don't know if it's been mentioned in the last 20 odd pages, this may be a starting point in a protest to boycott food and drink rather then not turning up or walking out as that will only affect your pleasure and player moral.

Show the club you only have say £60 to spend so on the psg game don't spend a penny around the ground food,drink, programs. They will get the meassage that you've only got £60 to spend and they have chosen to take that in ticket prices.. Better then missing part of a game or not going at all..

Said somthing recently about ticket prices v watching it in a pub..
I'd spend nearly as much if not more sat in a pub watching it with fruit macheanes and 2hrs drinking and the likes ..

To be fair the pricing at city is a bit of a joke....and it's unjustifiable imo

I have 3 season tickets at Barcelona I use for corporate entertaining. I have a chap who lives there and was on the waiting list for 8 years prior to being selected to get upto 3 seats. We paid about €1400 for all the tics (yes that's One Thousand Four Hundred Euro) which admit you to all league, copa del Rey, and chumps league games.....in your chosen seat. On top of this we had to pay about €300 for 'memberships' (can't remember if that was in total or per card...think the former). In any event, my point is, if the most successful club in the world can afford to have a sensible pricing policy....why can't the richest ?

The statements/letters from 1894 and City Watch have between them made all of the online newspaper sites. But not only that, Sky Sports and the PA have written stories about them.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...fans-to-protest-at-ticket-prices-for-psg-game

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

City told the Daily Mail that they had responded to City Watch about their statement (last paragraph: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490), but this isn't true. There's been no direct reply.

I can only speak for the City Watch statement, but it has been in nearly every newspaper (online editions), Goal, Sky Sports, PA, and has been retweeted by the likes of Henry Winter, Dan Roan, Duncan Castles, and others with large followings. Even one of the huge Away Day accounts (160k+ followers) and The FSF retweeted it. It has over 1,600 shares via the site, around 1,300 combined RTs + Favs on Twitter, and response has been mainly supportive (a few who disagree).

What's my point? It's that this is a very, very relevant issue that many are concerned about. It's not a small matter that will go away. Those numbers obviously don't reflect the City fan base completely, but I think do reflect a good sample size. I've had many replies/comments from people who can't afford to go, can't afford to take their kids, and many (also seems the case on here) sacrificing their bonus loyalty points to come off the European scheme because they can't or won't pay the prices. It's very disturbing to me to see more and more people pushed away. By the way, do City have our next generation of fans ready to replace all these people? Because I'm not convinced they exist in large enough quantities.

I don't think City are going to back down on PSG prices, but let's hope for a pleasant surprise. However, bad PR is no good for them and I'd at least hope they freeze season card prices now (as most other clubs are doing with the new TV money here) - or I can see further action taking place. What this has shown is that the national press will cover protests against ticket price hikes and I hope more and more fan bases do it. Many of these journalists have sent us messages saying they fully support protests against prices, so it's not all just for the benefit of themselves/their newspaper. Trevor Sinclair told us something has to be done. MANCHESTER CITY'S OWN CAPTAIN said something has to be done in an interview - respond to that one, City, if you won't respond to us.

In Germany, every price hike is protested fiercely. If clubs can get away with putting tickets up by a quid, they'll immediately look to raise them again. And on and on and on, as long as the 'customers' (that's what they seem to call us these days) accept it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.