City V PSG ticket Prices: 1894 Group statement in full

You don't get it.

I too can afford to go, I'm lucky in that respect, I'm just not a self-absorbed, apathetic sociopath with a complete absence of empathy or understanding for my fellow blues who can't. I recognise the harm the increases are having on our support, and I want to do something to prevent them from doing more harm.

I believe we're all in this boat together, and we shouldn't be motivated by our own selfish personal considerations alone.

I didn't lie about the club voting against a £30 cap. I chose to believe the reports that it was true, given there were credible sources that City were at least opposed to the cap (pre Anfield protest), you chose to not believe it, and then said it was a lie effectively because there was no written statement from the club confirming it to be true (seemingly the only standard of evidence you'd accept). It didn't suit your narrative that they were opposed to it, so you described it as a lie with no evidence.

Anyway, you are the archetypal "I'm alright Jack", and you're a shit troll too. I'm done responding to you.

'I believe we're all in this boat together' . Really? It seems like the the NUM sort of 'together' from a few years back, complete with the same sort of attitudes to anyone who does not agree for whatever reasons particularly in the last line.

Perhaps you do not understand the Latin quotation,

Lead by example not by saying 'do as I say, not do as I do'.

As for 'derailing the thread' when moderators act as we see on here I think the train is running out of control.

'I believe we're all in this boat together' . Really? It seems like the the NUM sort of 'together' from a few years back, complete with the same sort of attitudes to anyone who does not agree for whatever reasons particularly in the last line.

Bollocks mate.

And we are all in this together, or we should be, the other fella is acting extremely selfishly, and has chosen to go it alone and troll those who wish to encourage that unity which will benefit all of us. Hence him getting some stick, thoroughly deserved I might add.

When you give that 10% figure, what are you gauging it on specifically?

There are hundreds of thousands of plastic fans from all over the globe on Facebook, many of whom could be skewing your perception of the potential backing a walk out would have. I'm absolutely adamant that support for a walk out would be greater among match going blues. My own anecdotal evidence speaking to regulars around me on Sunday, and mates who are blues suggests 10% is a vastly deflated figure unrepresentative of what would be true among people who will be at the game against West Brom, and I'd say the same about the discussion here on bluemoon.

I fully accept what you're saying though about the situation, as you perceive it, and I'm sorry for questioning your integrity. I accept you're sincere and on our side, just very disappointed in your decision.

Edit: what did the Spirit of Shankly lads have to say about it by the way mate? They give any advice, what were their thoughts?

figure based on on tweets and messages coming into 1894 twitter (12.3k follwers) 1894 facebook (8.6k followers) by mail, by word of mouth to 1894 organisers (about 40 people who we would call on to lay out displays even though a core of 12-14 do them each game), reviewing social media generally and polls on other forums such as mcfcforum - where hundreds have voted.

the biggest difference between s.o.s and us is - City fans bit more apathetic and have been slow to back 1894 even though been going 3 years now.

s.o.s - the Liverpool situation was 13 months in the making, various meeting requests being turned down then they did a banner display (like we plan to) for one game "let me show you the story of a poor boy - then they get their meeting, then their club didn't listen, then came the walkout. the Liverpool public have a history of being strong minded and s.o.s have a huge support base. they don't do the flags that's another group - spion kop 1906. we in effect are doing both, the campaigning and the displays

the £77 ticket announcement was THE absolute tipping point for Liverpool fans whereas the £60 paris announcements seems to be from our research, another staging post towards that for City fans.
the main thing is that when they announced their walk out they knew a majority would not oppose it. and that's about doing drastic things which doesn't split the support base.

also the kop is one big end. most fans left the kop. south stand here is based on 3 tiers and they cant see each other so for it to work you need to be sure come 60 minutes or whenever it is, people get up and leave.

we are not gonna box ourselves in just because the media wants us to. ball is firmly in club's court now

ps plenty of ideas rattling about within 1894 relating to the day and some of those ideas will be announced next few days

remember the management team who set these prices are genuinely successful and well connected people who are doing a lot of good for the club behind the scenes. What they haven't bought into yet is "City Fans" - they have bought into City Football Group but not Manchester City and first stage is understanding THEY have to take the fan base with them on this journey and at the minute there is a bit of a disconnect between the club and the fans.

New York , Melbourne. New clubs. New fan base. Set a price they just follow. MCFC. Mainly local fan base. Get prices wrong and people stay away.

Last edited:
Will these banners be seen during the match? Would they be in the view of the tv cameras?

didn't people get kicked out of a match maybe chelsea a couple years ago for just having a sign about 60 beign too much to pay?

the biggest difference between s.o.s and us is - City fans bit more apathetic and have been slow to back 1894 even though been going 3 years now.
The Liverpool groups had also organised on the back of the protests against Hicks & Gillet. They had the structure and backing from the fans that these sorts of protests need.

The Liverpool groups had also organised on the back of the protests against Hicks & Gillet. They had the structure and backing from the fans that these sorts of protests need.

absolutely. we spoke about that. various stages up to the walk out and even they didn't expect the success that came from it

Will these banners be seen during the match? Would they be in the view of the tv cameras?

didn't people get kicked out of a match maybe chelsea a couple years ago for just having a sign about 60 beign too much to pay?

have to wait and see but for those who feel strongly about it everyone has a chance to get involved now, whether it's walking out, holding up a banner, chanting £60 you're having a laugh or simply not going to the psg game.

figure based on on tweets and messages coming into 1894 twitter (12.3k follwers) 1894 facebook (8.6k followers) by mail, by word of mouth to 1894 organisers (about 40 people who we would call on to lay out displays even though a core of 12-14 do them each game), reviewing social media generally and polls on other forums such as mcfcforum - where hundreds have voted.

s.o.s - the Liverpool situation was 13 months in the making, various meeting requests being turned down then they did a banner display (like we plan to) for one game "let me show you the story of a poor boy - then they get their meeting, then their club didn't listen, then came the walkout. the Liverpool public have a history of being strong minded and s.o.s have a huge support base. they don't do the flags that's another group - spion kop 1906. we in effect are doing both, the campaigning and the displays

the £77 ticket announcement was THE absolute tipping point for Liverpool fans whereas the £60 paris announcements seems to be from our research, another staging post towards that for City fans.
the main thing is that when they announced their walk out they knew a majority would not oppose it. and that's about doing drastic things which doesn't split the support base.

also the kop is one big end. most fans left the kop. south stand here is based on 3 tiers and they cant see each other so for it to work you need to be sure come 60 minutes or whenever it is, people get up and leave.

we are not gonna box ourselves in just because the media wants us to. ball is firmly in club's court now

ps plenty of ideas rattling about within 1894 relating to the day and some of those ideas will be announced next few days

remember the management team who set these prices are genuinely successful and well connected people who are doing a lot of good for the club behind the scenes. What they haven't bought into yet is "City Fans" - they have bought into City Football Group but not Manchester City and first stage is understanding THEY have to take the fan base with them on this journey and at the minute there is a bit of a disconnect between the club and the fans.

New York , Melbourne. New clubs. New fan base. Set a price they just follow. MCFC. Mainly local fan base. Get prices wrong and people stay away.

Thanks for the response mate, much appreciated.

Of all that feedback you received though, how many do you think came from actual match goers, do you think it's a fair reflection of the support you'd have among match goers? After all, it's the match goers whose opinion matters, they'd be the people who'd take part in a protest, and they're the people that are affect by ticket prices.

Among those you know are match goers, what do you think the support of a walkout looked like?

I'm full agreement about our general apathy being a problem though, it allows the likes of Soriano to get away with a lot of things which are negatively affecting the core support without much resistance.

Thanks for the post some interesting stuff which I didn't know. To describe city fans as 'apathetic' re 1894 is interesting, I do get the impression we are actually quite conservative and undemonstrative and quite divided unlike the more firebrand militant left of centre support of Liverpool and the filth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.