City V PSG ticket Prices: Club Statement

I have followed this thread to try understand both sides. I only go occasionally 2 young kids and a wife so not much spare time. When I do go I pay for individual tickets so they are expensive, I think I paid around £45 for a game against Hull. So when I brought Barca tickets which was about £55 it seemed value to me compared to Hull. However I am someone who probably spends only £200 on tickets a season and whatever it is on Sky (easy way to watch the games).

I think the group games where priced really well, so as a whole the amount on the 5 home games is probably a fair value.

The main issue for me is that our fans are not in love with the CL and also we are playing poorly, if we where in good form or we valued the competition in the way Madrid/ Barca/ Bayern do etc it might not seem quite so much money

Last edited:
I don't think much enthusiasm has been shown for much of the champions league at all and I think that's played a big part with this whole saga. Couple that with frustration of this seasons recent league form and I think it's over spilled because we have paid as much or close to what we are being asked to be pay for PSG and very little has been said.

There will be an element of that. I can't stand watching us at the minute under this useless twat. So much so that I may not bother again all season. I've yet to decide. I couldn't even be too worked up after Sunday because I expected it. I will probably relent but I am so apathetic towards Pellegrini that I am struggling to get up for any games currently. I won't even bother trying to find the Bournemouth game on a stream. I think prices are £10 overpriced though and that 16-21 prices are scandalous.

And then look at what most fans will expect us to spend in the Summer on new players. Pure greed indeed.

If City lose 150k in ticket sales due to pricing the QL correctly, meaning we will fill the stadium, and in the process manage to roar the team on to a qf victory, and we also manage to scrape 4th place in the PL, do you think that 150k will stop us from buying the players(Pogba, etc) we're after this season? No it won't!

Regardless of what most fans expect us to spend this Summer, the club will have already budgeted for that, and a projected £150k deficit due to cheaper qf tickets will make absolutely no difference.

It's simple. 150k less, opposed to a possible full house, with the right ticket pricing for the qf 2nd leg. That's right, it's a no brainier, matey. :-)

Your last line is fucking awful. The rest is a bag of your usual shite as well but fuck me, the last one firmly nails your colours to the mast.

I don't see bayern fans paying the amount we have to pay and they're arguably the 3rd best team in the world, he's talking a load if shite

I don't see bayern fans paying the amount we have to pay and they're arguably the 3rd best team in the world, he's talking a load if shite

The German clubs have proved that you can have cheap ticket prices while not compromising the quality of the product on offer. Bayern's season tickets start at just over £100 and while I'm not advocating City do something like that - after all it's not like for like as that Bayern price is for a terrace ticket - the amount of money that English PL teams now rake in from other revenue streams means they're less reliant on gate money than ever before.

I'd actually go as far as to say that clubs outside the Premier League have more of an excuse to charge high prices because they don't get anything like the same amount of TV and sponsorship money so the gate money is basically their main revenue stream.

Well I can tell you that when my seat has gone empty this year, or should I say I haven't bought a ticket, it's because of the price of the ticket and me not being able to justify forking out £50 on a football match. Not because of the performances. I stand by that because I couldn't justify Wembley so gave it a miss.

Truth is a lot on here have been concerned by price increases over the last 5 or 6 years, not the last 5 months. That's also made abundantly clear by blues giving up their season ticket commitments because of this.
Kiam only pays for himself, kiam doesn't have three kids, 2 in college and a mortgage to pay. Kiam doesn't pay for four season tickets, plus the cup schemes, Kiam doesn't pay almost £1500 a year council tax,(yeah that's just gone up again) and all the rest of the shite most folk with family have to pay for.
I work all fucking week kiam ! Am I not allowed the joy of going to watch a football match after I've ground my fingers to the bone all that week ? It's a working class sport not the fecking masters ! Football is a treat not a luxury

You are insulting blues with all that shite that comes out of your mouth.

Truth is because we've had a few bad months most on here are spitting their dummies out. The stadiums haven't been full due to our poor performances under MP not ticket pricing an I'm sure when Pep arrives most of the moaners on here will suddenly find that extra few quid.

Be very careful what you wish for when critising our owners as you may just end up with the £20 ticket prices you all want in Division 2.

"Be very careful what you wish for". Last time I saw a statement along those lines it came from that clown Ian Ayre ahead of the protest by Liverpool fans the other week. Well, one single walkout later and Liverpool performed arguably the quickest u-turn in football history.

Now I'm sure that every City fan is forever grateful for what the sheikh has done for our club since he bought it (just as those protesting LFC fans don't want to run FSG out of town) but that doesn't mean to say the club is always beyond criticism. In any case, I very much doubt that our owner has ever had any input in ticket prices so it's not a criticism of him anyway.

how come my ticket for a cup final at wembley in london was £5 cheaper,cant be right

If we do not have the same number of fans as these other clubs surely we need to charge more if we are to compete with them? Our owners can't just bankroll us forever we need to become self sufficient to compete at the top level.

I'm one of the long stranding season ticket holders who will eventually be priced out and I'm saddened by it but I also know I can't have my cake and eat it.

It's either success and higher ticket prices or no success and low ticket prices.

Take your choice blues.
As Shaelumstash said this is a bit of a myth that gets peddled. I guess our total revenue this season will be around £360m. Of that, around 15% (£55m) will come from tickets. Of that £55m, about half will be from premium/corporate and the other half from the plastic seat brigade, which I guess most of us will be. That means the revenue from the likes of us is about 7.5% of total revenue. The rest of the £300m comes from TV and Commercial revenue (sponsors, merchandise, concerts, etc). Next season, when the new Sky/BT deal kicks in, ticket revenue will be an even lower percentage of overall income.

Dropping season ticket prices by 10% will cost the club just over £2.5m or less than 1% of revenue. A 10% increase brings in the same. The most basic 3-year commercial sponsorship will bring in slightly more than that. The truth is that ticket revenue is not unimportant in the overall scheme of things but the bigger picture is that putting it up (or down) won't make any difference to us competing with anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.