City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
For me, we still don't really perform in these 'big' games when the chips are down.

I know that sounds ridiculous, considering what we have won in recent seasons. I include QPR, Stoke and Sunderland in my viewpoint.

United and Newcastle, the title year, being the exception.

Tipped us to win 5-0 against Fulham :)

Don't think we will win tomorrow and 2-3 points at best from United/Arsenal games :(
I predicted 5-0 as well mate, think we'll win a high scoring match tomorrow tbh. :)

Astley Lad said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Im crapping it, no matter how good we are, and how indifferent they have been, im always the same.

As a fully paid up member of the "I'm crapping it" club I share your distress!!

As a life member - I'm somewhat comforted by the recent outbreak of loose bowel movemnents, including the post by Tolm. There has been far too much over confidence bordering on arrogance in the build up to this match so far.

M18CTID said:
bluemooninho said:
If we can take 6 points from the next 2 games, I think the title is ours. That way we can afford a slip up against Liverpool and the rest of the games are all easily winnable. The only stumbling block I can see is Everton but by then they will all be thinking about their holidays and world cup places whilst we will still be fighting for something.

I see Southampton at home as being a tricky one too

Yes, I really fear the Soton match. Lallana has given us fits already this season and they know they can play with us. We really need to be tremendously focused if we want to navigate the rest of this season.

In terms of the Rags, I don't think we've responded particularly well when facing a motivated, less talented opponent. i'm consoling myself in the fact that they had everything to play for against Liverpool and were awful, but my biggest concern is having them grow into the match and build confidence. It's always great to nick one early, but we'd be very well served by finding one and putting out any thoughts of winning the match as quickly as possible. Their midfield and defence just do not match up well with us, so I'm confident, but I'm wary of our side not bringing the necessary intensity.

M18CTID said:
bluemooninho said:
If we can take 6 points from the next 2 games, I think the title is ours. That way we can afford a slip up against Liverpool and the rest of the games are all easily winnable. The only stumbling block I can see is Everton but by then they will all be thinking about their holidays and world cup places whilst we will still be fighting for something.

Not if they play like they did 2nd half against the spuds yesterday.

Robbie Savage saying we'll hurt them with our pace and Silva controlling the game in the pocket.. Sounds good to me

Clarkey_78 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
For me, we still don't really perform in these 'big' games when the chips are down.

I know that sounds ridiculous, considering what we have won in recent seasons. I include QPR, Stoke and Sunderland in my viewpoint.

United and Newcastle, the title year, being the exception.

Tipped us to win 5-0 against Fulham :)

't think we will win tomorrow and 2-3 points at best from United/Arsenal games :(

Has someone hacked your account TH ?
we need 9 points from next 4 games for me , not arsed where they come

Just amused to see the amount of blues who are dismissing the reality.

I agree about the points total, but one of those wins must come against United, it affords us some wiggle room.

I am genuinely taken aback by some of our lacklustre performances in recent years, when no motivation should even be required to turn on our maximum.

We have beaten great United teams in the past with sides which would probably concede ten against our best starting eleven.

The reason people are stating we are title favourites if we beat both United and Arsenal is simply because the opponents in question are more than capable of taking points from us.

I don't see it as 'out there' we could win one, lose one, draw both.

Anyhow, I also sense a reaction from Sunderland at Liverpool on Wednesday, it's shit or bust for them now, so that's where I'm trying to read between all these lines.

Balls to all this 'derby matches are different / form doesn't matter in derby matches' crap.

If we don't beat that one-man bunch of shite tomorrow, the players shouldn't get paid. At our very worst, we're at least twice as good as the rags.

We'll toy with them for ten or fifteen minutes, then overrun their midfield. I expect 40,000 empty seats by 70 minutes.

Just beat the bastards.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
M18CTID said:
bluemooninho said:

Not if they play like they did 2nd half against the spuds yesterday.

Although Soton have had a decent season, they are very rarely getting results against the big boys. they scraped a 1-0 against Liverpool early in the season (whilst Suarez was still injured) but other than that, just a draw and the rest losses. I really cannot see them beating us at our place.

I think that we got a real rocket up are arses over the Wigan loss and it maybe made Pellegrini realise that he cannot take anyone for granted. You wont see us making the mistake with him again.

Holy shit it's Derby week again must remember to pack the Diacalm ha ha ha lol. Sorry even though all logic suggests a comfortable City win I can't help getting the anal twitches when this one comes around. Looking at the game from our perspective our midfield of magicians should run that creaky back 4 ragged lots of pace and movement I'd be tempted to play Milner he loves playing the rags and always has a good game against them.Here's my team for tomorrow night :

Hart
Zab / Vinny / Lescott / Kolorov
Milner / Fern
Nasri / Yaya / Silva
Negrado

I'll stick my neck out and say Man Ure 1 City 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.