City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemooninho said:
If we can take 6 points from the next 2 games, I think the title is ours. That way we can afford a slip up against Liverpool and the rest of the games are all easily winnable. The only stumbling block I can see is Everton but by then they will all be thinking about their holidays and world cup places whilst we will still be fighting for something.

Yea 6 points would be perfect, and really would put us in a strong position.

Can't see us losing at Liverpool as we will score goals there its just whether we can defend well. Playing Garcia should see us looking a lot more solid.

Everton could be the banana skin but i suppose your persuming that Chelsea will win all their games and not lose any points, which I can't see especially as they need to go to Liverpool as well.

bluemooninho said:
If we can take 6 points from the next 2 games, I think the title is ours. That way we can afford a slip up against Liverpool and the rest of the games are all easily winnable. The only stumbling block I can see is Everton but by then they will all be thinking about their holidays and world cup places whilst we will still be fighting for something.

I see Southampton at home as being a tricky one too

chris85mcfc said:
bluemooninho said:

Yea 6 points would be perfect, and really would put us in a strong position.

Can't see us losing at Liverpool as we will score goals there its just whether we can defend well. Playing Garcia should see us looking a lot more solid.

Everton could be the banana skin but i suppose your persuming that Chelsea will win all their games and not lose any points, which I can't see especially as they need to go to Liverpool as well.

So many permutations that it's pointless going through them in your head as it just ends up getting scrambled! I think we need 4 points as an absolute minimum from these next 2 games but preferably 6 really. That's a tough ask regardless of how United have done this season and regardless of Arsenal getting that thumping at Chelsea on Saturday but that's what I think we need to be doing if we're to win this league.

For me, we still don't really perform in these 'big' games when the chips are down.

I know that sounds ridiculous, considering what we have won in recent seasons. I include QPR, Stoke and Sunderland in my viewpoint.

United and Newcastle, the title year, being the exception.

Tipped us to win 5-0 against Fulham :)

Don't think we will win tomorrow and 2-3 points at best from United/Arsenal games :(

tolmie's hairdoo said:
For me, we still don't really perform in these 'big' games when the chips are down.

I know that sounds ridiculous, considering what we have won in recent seasons. I include QPR, Stoke and Sunderland in my viewpoint.

Don't think we will win tomorrow and 2-3 points at best from United/Arsenal games :(

Fucking hell mate, you been listening to the carpenters or something?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

't think we will win tomorrow and 2-3 points at best from United/Arsenal games :(

Has someone hacked your account TH ?
we need 9 points from next 4 games for me , not arsed where they come

It's too early to take any conclusions out of the upcoming matchresults. We can take 6 points from the next two and all it will do is put us in a great position to win it in the end. Two years ago we were trailing United by how many points?

As dull as it sounds, one game at the time. And no matter the circumstances, positions in the table or time of year, we play United and we need a never dying appetite to beat them whenever and wherever. If only for the catching-up over the past 20 years or so. This one will be the 1st time we go into the match as favourites. Clear favourites. The underdogs' position has done us favours against them in the past, so it could well be the other way round. It's a derby and anything can happen with the extra's these games bring. So 3 points is by no means a certainty, in fact it will be a huge achievement if we get 3 points out of this one. Showing respect in a derby will get the best out of us. The will to win this one should be there with the players automatically. And if it does, we will be very hard to beat as we are the better team. As we have been for the last 3 years.

3 points is all that matter. As for the way to achieve it I couldn't care less tbh.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I noticed your Nostradamus-like prediction prior to the last game Tolm. I can only hope your precise judgement is a little out in this game.

They have the underdog/nothing to lose factor working in their favour so let's hope we are totally switched on from the first minute. Player for player we have it all over them, but in a derby game that doesn't automatically mean we win.

I am hoping for the same scoreline as last season, 2-1 to us.

Cheadle Blue said:
Im crapping it, no matter how good we are, and how indifferent they have been, im always the same.

As a fully paid up member of the "I'm crapping it" club I share your distress!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.