City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippy_boy said:
de niro said:
dannyboiblue said:
de niro are you taking the piss how are we no longer rivals anymore? They won the league last year. We want it this year. It was always derby day when we was in 7th or or lower and they was top 4 so how as anything changed. Im more confident than usual but that takes nothing away from the game it will always be derby day for me.

Years gone by maybe but are you telling me this is a more important that say Liverpool or Everton away?

Yes, for me it's the biggest game of the season, with the possible exception of the derby at our place.

Obviously it is not the most important in terms of relevance to our title chances (although the 3 points are no less important than 3 points somewhere else).

But they are the old enemy. I hate them. I have always hated them. I will always hate them. I feel terrible pain when they beat us and joy when we beat them. Far far more than when we win or lose to any other club, including Chelsea or any other title challengers. This is emotional not logical, but for me, for the forseeable future, it will always be the biggest game.

That's it Chippy.

It's about history, rivalry, the pain of former years having to live in their shadow, the arousal of the sleeping giant and the joy of watching the emergence of the new City, and ultimately it's about burying them to show that we rule the City and the future is indeed blue.

Football is about emotion. It's two tribes going to war.

And there is no better feeling than putting these vermin to the sword.

So come on you blue boys. Turn it on and let them know that they will have to live with the fear of facing us for many years to come!

de niro said:
Dribble said:
de niro said:
Years gone by maybe but are you telling me this is a more important that say Liverpool or Everton away?
Maybe not in terms of league positions, but in terms of points and pride yes. I had a patchy nights sleep and my stomach is doing cartwheels in anticipation of tonight, none of the Dipper's do that to me. They are important must win games, but tonight's game is against my main torturer throughout my life..... ManUre at Old Toilet and nothing can make a man feel better than getting one over on the outfit who have caused me more pain and misery than any other.

If we lose to either Dipper's, I don't have to bear the smug smiling faces when I go to work. I don't get any piss taking phone calls, texts or emails. Irrespective of whether the ManUre result has a bearing on our season or not, no other game gets me like I'm feeling right now.

Lose tonight's and its a set back. Lose at klanfield and its a disaster.

You could say the opposite.

Losing at Klanfield is not unexpected and is manageable, provided we win the easier games like tonights. Therefore losing tonight would be a disaster and losing at Klanfield is less important.

Its a funny feeling being the favourites. In all my memory of watching City pretty much, we have had to be at our absolute best and them have a poor day for us to get anything at theirs. I think maybe thats why people struggle not to be nervous as in reality if we turn up and play to our ability tonight then we take them apart and win comfortably. I think if we put in a display like at spurs then we wipe the floor with them. An early goal will put the absolute shitters up them and the little bit of confidence they have built up in 2 wins will disapear quickly. We have to start fast and strong and absolutely boss the game. No easing into the game or working our way into the game, absolutely fly out of the traps.

de niro said:
Dribble said:
de niro said:
Maybe not in terms of league positions, but in terms of points and pride yes. I had a patchy nights sleep and my stomach is doing cartwheels in anticipation of tonight, none of the Dipper's do that to me. They are important must win games, but tonight's game is against my main torturer throughout my life..... ManUre at Old Toilet and nothing can make a man feel better than getting one over on the outfit who have caused me more pain and misery than any other.

If we lose to either Dipper's, I don't have to bear the smug smiling faces when I go to work. I don't get any piss taking phone calls, texts or emails. Irrespective of whether the ManUre result has a bearing on our season or not, no other game gets me like I'm feeling right now.

Lose tonight's and its a set back. Lose at klanfield and its a disaster.
Not denying that mate, it just if the worse happens and we lose to the Red Dippers, I'll be fucking gutted and it will have a bigger effect on our title aspirations. Lose against ManUre and those around me will start hiding all sharp implements or anything I can hang myself with.

I still can't overcome the years of hurt they caused me, that why a defeat by them will hurt so much more irrespective of how it effects the title race. I know you're a bit down about how our season panned out, but try and get your spark back mate, because we need you and every other Blue between now and the end of the season!!!!

Anyone going with De Niro tonight, will you bring him an inflatable banana and tickle him under the armpit to get him wmiling and roaring us on again! Lol :-)

liverpool showed the way - you need to be at them quickly early on - there midfielders and defenders aren't good enough to hold the ball

If we are solid, professional and at it for ninety odd minutes then our footballing ability should take care of the rest

If not however, one might need three mega-buckets of popcorn on here later tonight ;)

willipp said:
Its a funny feeling being the favourites. In all my memory of watching City pretty much, we have had to be at our absolute best and them have a poor day for us to get anything at theirs. I think maybe thats why people struggle not to be nervous as in reality if we turn up and play to our ability tonight then we take them apart and win comfortably. I think if we put in a display like at spurs then we wipe the floor with them. An early goal will put the absolute shitters up them and the little bit of confidence they have built up in 2 wins will disapear quickly. We have to start fast and strong and absolutely boss the game. No easing into the game or working our way into the game, absolutely fly out of the traps.

Couldn't agree more mate. Start slowly and we are only a fluky shin or 40 yard lob from 2 nil down and one hell of a battle on our hands. We absolutely have to boss this from minute 1.

Rooney seems to save some of his best cheating for us, I just pray that Michael Oliver stands up to him, somehow I doubt it

It's the only two match's that mean anything.

Always sad when you get beat, but this always takes me 24hrs or so to get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.