City v Rags pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A physical long ball game today against West Ham definately suited the likes of Felani, Jones etc. I will take any kind of win on Tuesday but i just dont think they have the players to compete in the middle of the park. Fern, Yaya, Silva and Nasri will just have way too much. Its a derby, so anything can happen, but if we turn up with the right mind set and play the right way we should get the 3 points.

Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Manchester United this season ? - A Train crash. Moyes may well have performed to the best of his abilities for all we know. Taggert left him with a seriously flawed squad.

Question 2

Do you think that you are in with a good shout of winning the league?

With Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero forming the spine. I think its a yes.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

They have nearly all been good. Massive improvements in Kolorov and Nasri.

Question 4

Who is your most hated Manchester United player and why?

Too many candidates - going back to the days of Crerand and Macari. Roy Keane and Ferdinand though truly represent everything that is despicable in a modern Footballer.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

He has done very well so far. We may win the Champions League one day but it isn't the be all and end all for most of our fans. Also, it isn't a reflection on how good a manager is. Remember Tony Barton and Roberto De Matteo !

Question 6

What does Manchester United versus Manchester City mean to you as a fan?

It used to be the biggest game of the season, now its just another big game.

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Denis Law Backheel Day. 1974. I also have a soft spot for the one where Michael Ball stamps on Ronaldo and gets away with it.

Question 8

Do you ever miss the atmosphere at Maine Road compared to the Etihad stadium?

What's atmosphere ?

Question 9

What are your predictions for the game this Sunday?

We play Tuesday !! - I think we will win.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.[/quote]

My question.

Why would you leave Red Cafe ?

Its provided me with endless hours of entertainment these past weeks.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Question 1

Let’s get it out of the way, what are your thoughts on Manchester United and in particular Moyes this season who hasn't performed to the best of his abilities?

Manchester United this season ? - A Train crash. Moyes may well have performed to the best of his abilities for all we know. Taggert left him with a seriously flawed squad.

Question 2

With Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero forming the spine. I think its a yes.

Question 3

Who has been your best player over the last season or so? Has there been any remarkable improvements from those who lacked certain qualities?

Question 4

Too many candidates - going back to the days of Crerand and Macari. Roy Keane and Ferdinand though truly represent everything that is despicable in a modern Footballer.

Question 5

What are your thoughts about Manuel Pellegrini, is he the sort of manager who could take you to Champions league success?

He has done very well so far. We may win the Champions League one day but it isn't the be all and end all for most of our fans. Also, it isn't a reflection on how good a manager is. Remember Tony Barton and Roberto De Matteo !

Question 6

Question 7

We have played against each other many times over the years. Which is your favourite game against us, and why?

Denis Law Backheel Day. 1974. I also have a soft spot for the one where Michael Ball stamps on Ronaldo and gets away with it.

Question 8

What's atmosphere ?

Question 9

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty

My question.

Why would you leave Red Cafe

Haha I just knew you'd pick Lou Macari out. You're so predictable ;-)

ifiwasarichfan said:
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Question 4

Question 5

Question 6

Question 7

Question 8

What's atmosphere ?

Question 9

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

My question.

Its provided me with endless hours of entertainment these past weeks.[/quote]

Maybe the new site is Green and Gold

Question 1

I think it's unfair to say he hasn't performed to the best of his abilities. What exactly are his 'abilities'? You hired a manager who had never really shown his 'abilities' past getting Everton to where, on paper, their squad should've been. A very very bizarre choice of manager especially given he'd have to try to 'follow' Ferguson. In terms of the team, I think the undercurrent has been there from day 1 that the players didn't rate him, didn't want him and are embarassed by him. They've not played for him at all and I can't see that changing.

Question 2

Yes. Its in our hands at the moment

Question 3

Best player this season has been Fernandinho by a mile. A complete midfielder. Remarkable improvements Kolarov and pleasing improvements from Nasri and Garcia.

Question 4

Van Persie. He's just a ****.

Question 5

With the right squad yes. With the current squad there isn't a manager on the plsnet who could win us the CL

Question 6

Not as much as it used to. Its not quite 'just another game', but it no longer defines my season like it used to

Question 7

1-6. Schooled you on your own patch.

Question 8

Yes

Question 9

City win despite the officials trying their hardest to stop us

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.[/quote]

kippax81 said:
Song for Tuesday, for those lucky enough to be going.

To the tune of " we'll fight to the end "

The worst that there's been
The worst that there's been
You're the worst champions
The league's ever seen

Thoughts?

I like it

Question 1

I am pretty shocked by how quickly you have fallen from champions to also rans - I thought your players had more character than that. I do not understand what your management were doing during the summer - it was kind of funny watching just about every target turning you down and then Fellaini being signed as a last minute panic buy.

Question 2

Yes but it will be tough. We need our strikers to get back to form and for Liverpool's to fall from their current peak. Chelsea look strong too. If we had all our players fit and in form I would be very confident.

Question 3

Kolorov and Nasri have improved greatly - it frustrates me that they did not play this way for Mancini last year. Yaya has always done well in big games since he joined but his goal-scoring this season has been immense.

Question 4

Of your current players I think Shrek is the most loathsome - always moaning at refs and trying to get players sent off. He has Manyoo under his thumb too - no loyalty and no class.

Question 5

I think he has improved some players and made up a happier ship but I am not entirely convinced about his tactics tbh. I think with our squad most competent coaches could have a realistic shot of success.

Question 6

Derby wins were all we had for a long time and so were the be all and end all. Being a team that can realistically win trophies has changed my perspective a bit but I am still far more passionate about derby games than any others.

Question 7

The Maine Road Massacre 23 September 1989 - beating Utd 5-1 with a team containing so many local lads who had come through the system was truly amazing. I wish the crowd had concentrated more on mocking Ferguson during the game - we might have got him sacked and changed history.

Question 8

I miss the old standing Kippax - was a proper working class sport in those days.

Question 9

I think Utd will start strongly and try various underhand tactics to get ahead but will fail. City will get their passing game going and score before half time. City will then score again and the game will finish 2-0.

My question.

robbie1973 said:
Good evening people. I hope that this is in the correct thread, if not, could the admin or mods do the necessary please.

Hello, I am an admin on the Manchester United forum "United Reds", many of us moving over from Red Cafe. First of all this is not intended to be any attempt at flaming each others clubs, merely an attempt to gauge the feelings heading into Tueday nights game. This season we are doing a feature called 'Ask The Opposition', where we go on forums of opposition teams prior to the match and ask questions before posting the responses in a thread on there.

If any of you could answer any of these questions (answer as many/or as few as you want), it would be much appreciated. Our site address is <a class="postlink" href="http://www.unitedreds.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.unitedreds.net/</a> We will also, if you allow us to, also publish the answers to the questions as a blog and will link you guys to it. Again, if that is ok with you.

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Question 4

Question 5

Question 6

Question 7

Question 8

Question 9

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to responding to all questions and most important of all, your honesty.

1) Not performing to the Best of his abilities ??? Before you pulled him from everton was he setting the world on fire ?

2)We have a difficult run in, but if we discover our new year form then yes.

3)Merlin

4)Can I chose more then one please ?

5)Yes. He has the pedigree. Left to the players to do their job perfectly. And you need a bit of luck as well.

6)A lot

7)Lol really ?

8)N/A

9) 0-9 :-p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.