City v Real Madrid post match

I don't know whether to feel sorry for MP or lambast him. He got it spot on to start the game and until Silva was injured we were in full control. The substitution was a tough call for a number of reasons. You can see why he brought on Iheanacho, a player in form and also because Aguero was isolated and surrounded by three Madrid players every time the ball went near him. It did initially give Aguero a bit of space but we ended up losing control of the game. Our best player got shifted out to the left and with only the two Fern's in the middle there was no link up between midfield and attack. De Bruyne spent most of his time jogging back towards his own defence and was effectively taken out of the game.

Whilst that substitution, and subsequent change in formation was a toss up (though with hindsight probably a mistake), the later sub of Sterling for Navas was suicide. He dodged a bullet there as Madrid very nearly made it count in those last fifteen minutes.

Loved the game though, and we have really good chance of nicking something next week.

He did as well as he could under the circumstances imo. The key being 'as well as HE could' .

He has to play that system with two upfront & two wide players & has no thought of anything else. When DeBruyne is one of the two, he drops into intresting spaces & picks up loose balls whilst still supporting Aguero wheras Silva as the wide player keeps posession & tries to help the fullback.

DeBruyne as a wide player is easier to pick up & failrly lax defensively & Kelechi is still a kid. Thus the two Ferns were fucking shattered covering a big hole in midfield.

Neither DeBruyne nor Silva should be playing wide left & the two Ferns should not be on their own v Real Madrid. But the alternative would be a change of system & a plan, & the manager refuses to try & do that. We also don't have any young 'legs' to help the workload because of his choices there during the season.

So he did the best he could & we got away with it. Let's hope it continues.

We didn't let them score an away goal, so we can be very happy with that. Only fear is that CR7 would prolly be back for next leg. And Pellers need to find a way to control the game without Silva, or at least be more efficient on the break without him.

Welp. They were better than us at the Etihad. And we couldn't manage a goal either.

But now we will go into the Bernabeau, score, and hold them to what. A single goal?

I dunno gents. I have faith but if I'm a betting man the money is on them to go through. Not to mention no CR9. Will need one of our very best performances and strong defense/Joe Hart to have any chance.

Rag.

The over the top welp, followed by f'n CR7. Who the **** is that?

Could have been better could have been a lot worse.
As said already the Silva injury changed the game and second half there was only one winner so will definitely take the 0-0.
Still up against it but if we can Nick a goal over there and no reason we can't who knows.
Gutting that Nasri is out of the squad as without Silva we ain't got that natural replacement. Still I've just booked my Milan flights this morning cos it was cheap and were in with a fighting chance so hopefully I've not put the kiss of death on it

They probably have another gear and ronaldo makes them a different threat BUT aguero can do better than he did last night, kdb has another gear and I still believe a fit yaya could swing the tie for us. Still in the tie without a doubt and that's all I was hoping for before ko yesterday.

I'm not sure what's happening with the quoting of messages for me, but anyway. Gazinho, you're right, Sterling should have been brought on for Aguero, and it could have been sooner than 75 minutes too.

I've made my feelings pretty clear on MP over this season, I'm delighted he's leaving. But you have to give him a lot of credit for the way he's turned it around in Europe. This newish style of play, with a stronger emphasis on defence and the two Fern's playing brilliantly is what's got us to this point. He still has a tendency to go back to his old ways but overall, whatever happens in Madrid we have come a long way this season. Pep will now be taking over a squad that no longer has the same question marks hanging over its head in Europe and one that has learned how to play against the better teams. We only need fine tuning now, and that's not something we could have said before these last couple of games.

We are a score draw and a win away from the CL trophy. Believe!

Yes Madrid have a slight advantage but they will be nervous because they know if we get an away goal then it's advantage us. And I believe we will score at the Bernabeu.

Come on city!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.