City v Real Madrid post match

Good post mate.

On the 2 Ferns, agree that defensively they where magnificent. Our issue is when we need them to then find our attackers quickly and they struggle, often giving up cheap possession.

The difference between very good players and world class but something that Pep will help with and some new signings.

Yeah it's a fair point about the two Ferns. Second half especially the class of Kroos and Modric on the ball began to tell. Funnily enough was sat there last night thinking shame we haven't got Yaya available for the last 30 minutes. He could've made the telling difference in a very tight game.

Awful decision to bring Kelechi on in that role. Killed us off, lost control of the game. Sterling should have come on or even Delph, would have let us keep KdB in the middle.

When Silva went off I would've put Sterling on.

Been our best player in europe this season,

Also would have allowed De Bruyne to stay central

Then would've brought Kelechi on at Around 65 or 70 minutes for Kun

Disagree with this. Of late Sterling has been injured and since returning, really poor. What he has done in previous European matches is irrelevant, it's the here and now that counts, and as others have posted, he was not at the races.

I would have kept Kev in the midde and perhaps but Nacho out wide

Disagree with this. Of late Sterling has been injured and since returning, really poor. What he has done in previous European matches is irrelevant, it's the here and now that counts, and as others have posted, he was not at the races.

I would have kept Kev in the midde and perhaps but Nacho out wide
He's played about half an hour in the two games since he's come back.

Really happy with the result considering the ref was in Real Madrid's back pocket. Totally staggered that Ramos didn't get a red card for that tackle early on - a City player would have - yet he didn't even get a yellow. Then fouls constantly being given against our attacking players for nothing - indeed if there was a foul on most of these occasions it should have been the other way round. I could live with this if he had been consistent and applied the same rules to Real but he wasn't.

The game ended up the way it did because Real never let their fullbacks go forward. That will have to change if they want to have sufficient chances to win but that will also give us chances and if we score they have to score one more than us.

Worried that Aguero is about to disappear again. He wasn't even bothering to make a token effort at some of the balls played up to him, just allowing the defender to win it unchallenged & play it where he wanted. Had that been Dzeko he would be hung.

Not like Sergio that. Usually means he's about to collapse.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you. For whatever reason, he looked disinterested at times. Can only think he was carrying a knock as a game of this magnitude, I would expect him to have been buzzing.

0-0 is good i think. Although i'd be more confident about the second leg if we hadn't given up all those chances from set-pieces. Apart from those we looked pretty comfortable, albeit they didn't push forward much.

A score draw is very achievable.

We are still in it and will get chances in Madrid but we will need to take them as they will be a lot more positive

Real shame about silva as the formation was working. Sub baffled me a little and it looked to confuse the team. Kolorov could have been better on the left just to keep the shape. He is a young lad and it is a big ask for him to play the silva role.

Solid elsewhere in particular midfield.

Sterling really needs to man up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.