City v Real Madrid post match

It's rather ironic that as soon as he brings Kelechi on, something many have demanded all season, he then gets told by the same posters he got it wrong and shouldn't have brought the lad on lol.

Otamendi, man of the match for me and the hysterical way some reacted to his selection and the way Mangala wasn't playing, funnily enough a player most have mocked all season equally as funny.

Great team performance and result last night, make no mistake about it.

Yeah it's a fair point about the two Ferns. Second half especially the class of Kroos and Modric on the ball began to tell. Funnily enough was sat there last night thinking shame we haven't got Yaya available for the last 30 minutes. He could've made the telling difference in a very tight game.

Yea my thoughts exactly. Overall the draw probably the fair result. I thought we were the better side however Madrid did seem fairly defensive trying to catch us on the break. In the final third was where we didn't turn up. Although aguero, navas and silva are all great players, we are seriously lacking someone who can pick up the ball in midfield and drive at players rather than trying to out play 10 men behind the ball.

Think the 2nd leg will be a much more open game so hopefully we'll see a few players getting a run in behind!

Stuff the negativity! Does anybody really think that Zidane would have preferred to take his team back to their ground with the fear of an away goal/s? Really? We achieved something tonight - let's start giving our team some credit for fucks sake. Yes, a goal scored at home would have been nice, but given the outcome there should be no doubt that this result was far from the one preferred by Madrid.

Spot on. Even if we had scored tonight, it is more than likely we would still have to score over there to get through

They will be the happier club tonight but the result is not decisive

Indeed the longer the game goes without a goal at the Bernabeu in the 2nd leg the more nervous they will become. They will have less time to get 2 back if we score 1. Every City attack will scare them to death

This was always going to be a cagey game. We need to do the same again. On no account must we play Toure. Any chance we have depends on us being ultra competitive and closing down every player.

Fully agree with this. Would be great if we could get an early goal over there to really put them on the back foot

It's rather ironic that as soon as he brings Kelechi on, something many have demanded all season, he then gets told by the same posters he got it wrong and shouldn't have brought the lad on lol.

Otamendi, man of the match for me and the hysterical way some reacted to his selection and the way Mangala wasn't playing, funnily enough a player most have mocked all season equally as funny.

The kid did very well when he came on. Gave the ball away once. I think the substitution surprised everyone, Zidane included, but it was the right decision i'd say.
Next weeks tactics are simple; take Modric out in the first 5 minutes then steam at them with all the attcking force we can muster. 3-3 will do it.
Huge pat on the back for all the players last night. They ran themselves into the ground to keep us in the tie and that's good enough for me.

Otto had a great game, I imagine the vast majority of blues are happy with that. It was perfectly understandable why many wanted Mangala to start.
The Kelechi substitution changed our game plan. We went from being comfortable to looking overrun because Aguero didn't turn up and KDB had an unusually poor game meaning we were 3 short when it come to defensive duties. People are desperate to see more of Kelechi and rightfully so, but the circumstances have to be right at this stage of his career and last night wasn't one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.