City v Shakhtar Post Match

There are some who have long journeys yes, but I struggle to believe the majority are leaving early for anything other than to shed 20 mins off their journey time
You are right though, the crux of the matter is that the public transportation and roads are a joke in this country

I agree for the midweek games and for people who have far to travel, but I just don't get the Saturday/Sunday afternoon games

Totally agree, we made our point and there has been no agenda against us recently despite that idiot Gill still being part of the Uefa board. Needs to be stopped, the fact fans are there indicates they embrace the tournament, my mate doesn't like it so he doesn't go, his choice but we have seen some great games, great players and tremendous opposition in the CL, time to stop the booing.
Pep probably doesn't see the fan thing like an English coach would - an English coach wouldn't be too bothered. The smaller crowds at CL games for a club like us has probably surprised him and I get the impression he sees his trademark beautiful football as a way of addressing that (the crowd for the SD CL game was bigger than we normally get for a group game unless it's Barca et al - and is encouraging). If I was Pep I'd be exasperated when some fans stream out with five minutes to go (he maybe hasn't seen that at Barca or Bayern). It's an ugly sight looking on from our seats in the North Stand. Whether we're winning, losing or drawing I've never left early in fifty years of going to City. And given that the best moment ever for a City fan was in the dying seconds, why leave early ? More than worth getting home a bit late for. We all have homes to go to, and if we all left early it would be a bit X-Files.

We're still a community club - in fact more of a community club than ever given our regeneration investment in the local area, but we're not the same sort of club as even ten years ago. Clearly, many fans aren't interested in how we're run behind the scenes - and don't realise just how different we are now. We're not a PSG or a Chelsea where the only thing that matters is the team - there's far more to us than that.

Pep probably doesn't see the fan thing like an English coach would - an English coach wouldn't be too bothered. The smaller crowds at CL games for a club like us has probably surprised him and I get the impression he sees his trademark beautiful football as a way of addressing that (the crowd for the SD CL game was bigger than we normally get for a group game unless it's Barca et al - and is encouraging). If I was Pep I'd be exasperated when some fans stream out with five minutes to go (he maybe hasn't seen that at Barca or Bayern). It's an ugly sight looking on from our seats in the North Stand. Whether we're winning, losing or drawing I've never left early in fifty years of going to City. And given that the best moment ever for a City fan was in the dying seconds, why leave early ? More than worth getting home a bit late for. We all have homes to go to, and if we all left early it would be a bit X-Files.

We're still a community club - in fact more of a community club than ever given our regeneration investment in the local area, but we're not the same sort of club as even ten years ago. Clearly, many fans aren't interested in how we're run behind the scenes - and don't realise just how different we are now. We're not a PSG or a Chelsea where the only thing that matters is the team - there's far more to us than that.
The seating layout at some grounds, especially Anfield, is quite compact and if fans don't turn up you can barely notice. There's more room between our seats and any empty seats stand out a mile.

Its actually quite staggering how bad the transport system is.

I stayed to the end, walked back into town where I was parked and even at 10:15 pm at night the mancunian way and princess parkway was snarled up with slow moving traffic.

Tool me an age to reach the motorway network and then its 50 mile an hour zones for the best part of the first 20 miles on the M6. Finally rolled in at around 2:20am.

When you consider the time and that only a fraction of our support will be using this artery to go home its incredible what an adverse effect a bit of football traffic can have on a transport system designed to serve a modern city which is under going huge expansion.
Widen the A57 that'll sort out a few problems!

Totally agree, we made our point and there has been no agenda against us recently despite that idiot Gill still being part of the Uefa board. Needs to be stopped, the fact fans are there indicates they embrace the tournament, my mate doesn't like it so he doesn't go, his choice but we have seen some great games, great players and tremendous opposition in the CL, time to stop the booing.

The booing and back turning should stop the next game after Uefa cough up for the money expended by City fans during the aborted visit to Moscow.

Not driven to a night match before. Parked down near Ashburys train station. Stayed till the players had gone. Walked down to Ashburys. Drove to Stalybridge to drop my nephew off and drove back to Romiley. Got in at 11:30pm (even took the scenic root over Werneth so my lad good have a butchers as it was a clear night). Public transport used to get me home to Dukinfield about 11pm, if i raced up the stairs as soon as the whistle blew.

Not driven to a night match before. Parked down near Ashburys train station. Stayed till the players had gone. Walked down to Ashburys. Drove to Stalybridge to drop my nephew off and drove back to Romiley. Got in at 11:30pm (even took the scenic root over Werneth so my lad good have a butchers as it was a clear night). Public transport used to get me home to Dukinfield about 11pm, if i raced up the stairs as soon as the whistle blew.
We have a couple of Dukinfield lads with us on a 29 seater from the Sycamore next to Stamford Park. It's £7 return and we have a beer on the bus!! If you would like to join us let me know, we currently have around 6 spare seats, cheers.

No, the coefficient has not been changed yet, it's a free speech, democracy we live in, your choice but for me it's futile.
forgive me if i'm wrong,but including teams historical stats in the competition is changing something in their favour.
i agree,it is futile,but if i don't try uefa will never change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.