City V Sheff Wed (LC) Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
------------------------Willy-------------------
Sagna--Demichelis--Nastasic--Clichy
Navas----Milner----Fofana----Sinclair
----------------Dzeko--Hiwula------------

Subs: Hart, Boyata, Mangala, Angelino, Fernandinho, Lampard, Pozo.

No need to play players like Hart, Kompany, Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva and Aguero - it's Sheffield Wednesday.

The result last season was a mentality issue. If that team has the right mentality, we'll win.

Hopefully we see a few EDS players get some gametime. if we can't play 1 or 2 in the League Cup at home to a Championship side, when can we play them?

Marvin said:
pikku said:
How is it possible for every body to get injured at the same fucking time,some vodoo magic must be involved..Hope aguero, silva ,nasri and fernando are not out for too long.As for jovetic no comments lolz,really what a dampner it is to be in good form and getting injured,absolutely no luck with injuries it seems.
Aguero went down at South Stand end in 1st half and physio was flexing his knee.

Silva always seems to have an issue with his ankle. Maybe something he has to manage

The injury news was OK seeing as most are close to coming back. At the moment everyone is due back by Roma

With Aguero and Jovetic out, it's highly likely that one of the young forwards will get a place on the bench
As you say hopefully every body will be fit by the time we play Roma...

Edinbambi said:
Want to pop down and watch this, just want to know what are the chances of me being allowed in if I purchase a ticket for the family stand? You have to be with someone who is under 16 to purchase apparently whereas I'll be on my own and I am 20. Although the website is allowing me to purchase it so not sure.

You will be fine,just walk in when kids go through,they wont ask.If they do say his Mum & child have gone in already.

Honestly, with the way the season has started (albeit not that bad, but still PL and CL are of much higher priority now that we are 5 points behind and lost the CL opener), our current injuries, suspensions and restrictions, I couldn't care less about the league cup this season. We could probably name a fresh defense + Lampard, Sinclair, Navas from the 1st team to start, but IMO Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho, Aguero and Dzeko all need rest whereas Milner should be on the bench. So I guess we should try 3 or 4 EDS players, if we win good (I'd still expect us to beat Sheff Wed at home), if we lose its lesser games to keep squad fresh for the main competitions.

Caballero
Zabaleta Demichelis Nastasic Kolarov
Milner Lampard
Navas Fofana Sinclair
Dzeko

Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho, Pozo, Hiwula

kun said:
Caballero
Zabaleta Demichelis Nastasic Kolarov
Milner Lampard
Navas Fofana Sinclair
Dzeko

Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho, Pozo, Hiwula

Zab suspended pal.I think Boyata will get the nod ahead of (un)Nasty,otherwise good shout.

bluechampion7891 said:
Honestly, with the way the season has started (albeit not that bad, but still PL and CL are of much higher priority now that we are 5 points behind and lost the CL opener), our current injuries, suspensions and restrictions, I couldn't care less about the league cup this season. We could probably name a fresh defense + Lampard, Sinclair, Navas from the 1st team to start, but IMO Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho, Aguero and Dzeko all need rest whereas Milner should be on the bench. So I guess we should try 3 or 4 EDS players, if we win good (I'd still expect us to beat Sheff Wed at home), if we lose its lesser games to keep squad fresh for the main competitions.
Understand your antipathy towards the competition.
I care about it to the extent that I would like to see us progress but only on the basis that we play fringe/ EDS players so as not to jeopardise our Prem League / Champs league performances.

Len Rum said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Understand your antipathy towards the competition.
I care about it to the extent that I would like to see us progress but only on the basis that we play fringe/ EDS players so as not to jeopardise our Prem League / Champs league performances.

Well I am not completely against it per say, I'd like us to win it as much as we can, but this season, due to the afore mentioned reasons, I would't mind of we gave it a pass altogether, other than playing fringe first teamers like Nastasic, Sinclair and bedding in some EDS lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.