City V Sheff Wed (LC) Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------------Caballero---------------------
---Sagna---Demichelis---Nastasic--Clichy
-------------Milner-----Lampard-----------------
----------Navas----Pozo-----Sinclair-----------
----------------------Dzeko-------------------------

Subs: Whoever...would like to see some the following though: Fofana, Intima, Bytyqi, Ambrose.

Want us to take this competition seriously again, as others have mentioned a lot of big teams have been knocked out already (United also) so we should have our eyes on the prize going into this one. 3-1 City I'll predict.

bluechampion7891 said:
Len Rum said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Honestly, with the way the season has started (albeit not that bad, but still PL and CL are of much higher priority now that we are 5 points behind and lost the CL opener), our current injuries, suspensions and restrictions, I couldn't care less about the league cup this season. We could probably name a fresh defense + Lampard, Sinclair, Navas from the 1st team to start, but IMO Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho, Aguero and Dzeko all need rest whereas Milner should be on the bench. So I guess we should try 3 or 4 EDS players, if we win good (I'd still expect us to beat Sheff Wed at home), if we lose its lesser games to keep squad fresh for the main competitions.
Understand your antipathy towards the competition.
I care about it to the extent that I would like to see us progress but only on the basis that we play fringe/ EDS players so as not to jeopardise our Prem League / Champs league performances.

Well I am not completely against it per say, I'd like us to win it as much as we can, but this season, due to the afore mentioned reasons, I would't mind of we gave it a pass altogether, other than playing fringe first teamers like Nastasic, Sinclair and bedding in some EDS lads.

In this crazy world of the Politically Correct I wonder if you could use this phrase if we were discussing City Ladies. ????

I think these "injuries" are just a way of justifying resting a load of people without getting it in the neck about fielding a weakened team

I was excited beIN sports was showing this match in the States. Till I saw their "live" broadcast was at 6:30 PM Thursday night. It looks like they are showing all the matches the day after. Anybody know what gives?

SkyBlueTX said:
I was excited beIN sports was showing this match in the States. Till I saw their "live" broadcast was at 6:30 PM Thursday night. It looks like they are showing all the matches the day after. Anybody know what gives?

They showed the Liverpool marathon on tape delay today. Must not have "Live" TV rights for the games. Oh, and the Arse game was on at 6pm today, also on tape delay.

With Utd, Arsenal and Everton already out (Liverpool lucky to get through) I hope the club see this as another opportunity to win a trophy, and thus retain a trophy for the first time in our history. Thus no weak side tonight that succumbs to another upset please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.