City v Southampton pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Saints game will be harder than West Ham. Therefore West Ham is the game to rest midfield.

Let’s see if Watford can help us out on Wednesday.

Southampton will be dangerous, but they will play a bit more than Huddersfield did so hopefully a bit more space for us to work with.
Unfortunately I can't see Watford getting anything from their game tonight. Despite what some think, I reckon United will hang around like a bad smell all season. They just don't concede, so will win a lot of matches, even if only 1-0. We have to forget about anyone else, just do our thing and it won't matter

The team I would play for this:

Ederson

Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Danilo

Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Sane

Jesus

Rest Delph - Fernandinho needs a booking - Nice 3-0 win.

I think its good to remember that as much as some of our players need a rest, our opposition are going to be tiring as well and we seem better placed than anyone to deal with it. I'd definitely rest delph and potential KDB to be replaced with Bernardo. I'd play Fern tonight and then rest him for Sunday and Shaktar so he is fresh for the derby. We have the players now to rotate and thats got to be key to keeping them even remotely fresh. I imagine there is no tonic quite like that win on Sunday though.

feel that David Silva is the key. Kevin wasn't his brilliant best on Sunday and I feel he struggles against packed defences, when David is not beside him. Southampton play nice football but felt on Sunday against Everton, there was little intensity and Everton let them play. I would play Bernardo against Saints instead of David and rest Kevin against West Ham.
Feel that Moyes will be ultra defensive when West Ham come, with Carroll playing the Felani role.

I'd like to see us get back to rattling a few in, to get the forwards confidence up again (getting wasteful in the last few games). Early goal is the key, score in first 15, and we can go on to get 5 or 6. As near as full strength as possible tonight and Sunday please, as we could move another 4 points ahead of the vermin (I think they'll draw both games)

I think the cracks are showing with us. I love VK but he is slow and sometimes lacks accuracy when moving the ball foward against parked bus defenses. John Stones is a huge miss for the derby. Our last few victories have shown our resilliance but players are begining to show fatigue. Silva, KDB and Sane all need some time out ( and better protection from Refs) we are 1 injury away from a crisis in defence going into a busy run of essential games. It would be easy to take our eye off the ball with Southampton.
Fatigue is surely playing a role, IMO one of the main reasons why we do not get the high wins we did earlier in the season. But it goes both ways, also the other teams will be less fresh. In theory it should more or less be the same for all clubs.
I am hoping for an early goal. In the earlier parts of the season that felt like happening more often that it has done recently. In any case probably winning with 4,5 or 6 goals will not happen all too often until we reach end of season.

If we win our next two and united drop points against Watford and Arsenal I’d say the title is done and dusted. We’re too good to lose a 11 point + lead this season.

Fatigue is surely playing a role, IMO one of the main reasons why we do not get the high wins we did earlier in the season. But it goes both ways, also the other teams will be less fresh. In theory it should more or less be the same for all clubs.
I am hoping for an early goal. In the earlier parts of the season that felt like happening more often that it has done recently. In any case probably winning with 4,5 or 6 goals will not happen all too often until we reach end of season.
Apart from Feyonoord I'm not sure we've played anyone I'd expect to score a few against since Stoke. West Brom, Huddersfield, Leicester away, Burnley, Arsenal at home. I am expecting a few against West Ham. On the other hand I am going to West Ham only my second game of the season the first was Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.