City v Southampton pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive.

OT alert (sorry)...

I have to say though, Mourinho's 9 years unbeaten at home was something else. P150, W125, D25, L0.

Those 150 games were against a staggering 107 different coaches!

That's an unbelievable statistic. I must say, it had escaped my attention. Who was it who finally broke the run? Say what you like, he may be an utter gobshite, but he's a very effective coach in his own way.
The way I see it, the rags are now under enormous pressure. Just the sort to make them slip up. I could easily see them dropping two points against Watford. They cannot afford to get anything less than a win, and Mourinho will have to tell them to go out to get it. Let's see who's got the cojones in that match.

The defence didn’t do too much on Sunday, so they should all be pretty fresh. However, the midfield movement is so constant that those lads put in a serious shift with and without the ball. I know some people thought Silva was brilliant but I thought his passing was bang average at best, with poor weighting and location in multiple attacking situations. KDB is doing the running, but appears too knackered to make the ball do the work he was having it do a month ago.

Too bad we can’t five them both a rest at the same time....oh wait, we can...and should! Bench them for the start on Weds and they are available if needed. Give Foden a start and see how he settles into a big game. Bernardo is available at HT if he’s not doing it, or Silva or KDB. Might give Danilo a run out, as Walker made a few decent sprints upfield, but not sure he’s needed.
Not for me. Win the next 3 league games and barring an utter collapse league won. Want to go into derby with 6 points and not give the rags a sniff, hopefully they'll be further than 8 behind. Risk losing points after that game for me. Last champs league game for the back up players.

Impressive.

OT alert (sorry)...

I have to say though, Mourinho's 9 years unbeaten at home was something else. P150, W125, D25, L0.

Those 150 games were against a staggering 107 different coaches!
That is incredible, don't ever see that record being beaten.

vs Southampton
Ederson
Danilo
Kompany
Otamendi
Delph
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Silva
Sterling
Sané
Aguero

vs West Ham
Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Otamendi
Danilo
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Silva
Bernardo
Jesus
Aguero

Give a rest to; Ederson, Kompany, Fernandinho, KDB, D.Silva, Sterling, Sané, Jesus and Kun against Shakhtar.

The closer we get to this one the more worried I am about it mainly due to tiredness. We didn't move the ball anywhere near as quickly on Sunday and just looked a little off it. The likes of Silva, KDB, Sterling, Sane and Fernandinho have had to play a lot of football. I would love to see each of them starting either West Ham or Southampton but not both with an emphasis on a stronger side against Southampton as they're the better of the two teams.

Tomorrow will be tough, the Saints have only scored 13 in 13 but conceded 15 in the same games so they score and concede on average once a match. They are relatively solid and will be confident on the back of their 4-1 win over Everton. Plus they were good value for their point in the 1-1 home match last season.

There's a couple of other little niggles I have, firstly Pep has struggled to beat his old team mates (no wins in 3 versus Koeman) and Pellegrino is an old team mate. Secondly the last time we had 11 straight league wins (between April and September 2015) we slipped up to a 2-1 home defeat to West Ham.

If we win our next two and united drop points against Watford and Arsenal I’d say the title is done and dusted. We’re too good to lose a 11 point + lead this season.
Never - Don't count your chikens......etc.

Just been looking at our fixture list - 29th Nov - 2nd Jan - 11 games -(in 33 days) 5 at home - 6 away. - including trip to Shaktar.
Do they play in Ukraine or Russia (Mentalist Stadium) ?
Down to London on 31st Dec and again on 2nd,Jan
Wonder what the players will be doing on 1st Jan. - New Years Day.
Pep seems bouyant after our win at Huddersfield.
Can see Bernardo /Gundog playing tomorrow night.

If we win our next two and united drop points against Watford and Arsenal I’d say the title is done and dusted. We’re too good to lose a 11 point + lead this season.
Are you completely disregarding Chelsea potentially still being 9 points back?

That's an unbelievable statistic. I must say, it had escaped my attention. Who was it who finally broke the run? Say what you like, he may be an utter gobshite, but he's a very effective coach in his own way.
The way I see it, the rags are now under enormous pressure. Just the sort to make them slip up. I could easily see them dropping two points against Watford. They cannot afford to get anything less than a win, and Mourinho will have to tell them to go out to get it. Let's see who's got the cojones in that match.

Manolo Preciado, Sporting Gijon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.