City v Southampton pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our players will be tired but Soton also played on Sunday, the difference is we can rotate with only a small drop in quality so we have the advantage here.

It’s a difficult one to pick. It would be a mistake to go strong here and make 5 changes against West Ham. We need to take both games seriously. On paper Soton is the tougher game but this is the PL, so anything is possible. IMO it’s best to make a few changes tomorrow and then the same against WH.

—————————-Ederson—————————
—Danilo——-Otamendi—-Mangala——Delph—-
————————Fernandinho—————————
————Gundogan————D. Silva—————-
—-Sterling———-Jesus————Sane———-

Still a very strong team. Get the game won, bring off Sterling, David and maybe Delph. Maybe give Zinchenko some minutes. We need a back up to Fern. Yaya is unfortunately no longer an option there in top level matches. Danilo and Delph would do a much better job, in order to play there we would need Zinchenko up to speed at LB.

Fern and Sane to pick up yellows and serve their suspensions vs WH. Then both stay in Manchester and don’t travel for the Shakhtar match, giving them a 10 day rest before the derby which will be quite the advantage.

Last edited:
Can’t believe we aren’t on tv. I thought that this would have been one of those games where SLY Sports might see us slip up

dropped points in this last season, so a win is a net gain. Would love us to get back to stuffing teams and racking up the goals ready for the derby.
Will be happy as long as we score 1 more than they do, save our goals for the humiliation of the rags.

Can see Danilo and Gundog + Bernardo getting game time in next 2 home games and Leicester away after the Rags.
Is it possible that if City send a weakened team to Shaktar we will be in trouble from Uefa.?.
Has any Team been sanctioned by Uefa in the past ?.

Can see Danilo and Gundog + Bernardo getting game time in next 2 home games and Leicester away after the Rags.
Is it possible that if City send a weakened team to Shaktar we will be in trouble from Uefa.?.
The team in Shaktar will all be players named in the main squad or b squad so I doubt UEFA would get involved.

Do not think we will be sanctioned for fielding Bravo, Mangala, Danilo, Bernardo, Gundogan, Toure etc. but its UEFA, so you never know

There's a couple of other little niggles I have, firstly Pep has struggled to beat his old team mates (no wins in 3 versus Koeman) and Pellegrino is an old team mate. Se

I don't know Pep's records against all old team-mates, but wikipedia tells me Pellegrino and Pep only were together one season at Barcelona, so doubt Pellegrino learned a great deal to help him outwit Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.