City v Spurs Post Match Thread

I thought we were really poor for much of the first half and even in spells in the second half, and we won 6-0. Bizarre! I suppose that's what you get when you take your chances. I mentioned to a lad at the ground about Bayern München last night - they were poor all game and won 0-3 in Dortmund.

Until the 28th minute it was three or four passes and we'd give it back to Spurs with sloppy and somewhat lazy play. Yaya was particularly poor. And they were outnumbering us in central midfield and were the better side on the ball.

We then started to get hold of the ball with Nasri and Fernandinho both taking responsibility to get us keeping possession better, and we were overall much better from then on (but slipped into strange passages of play here and there in the second half).

Some of our counter attacking play was superb - we saw the same against United - yet we don't play in this manner whatsoever away from home when it's clear to see constant meaningless possession in the opposition's half doesn't always work. I'd like to see us adopt some of these sort of tactics when things aren't going our way at away games. There's no way poorer teams will keep the ball or defend as well as they do camped in their own box with us breaking on them at pace and with quality like we have done in a number of the ten goals we scored against United and Spurs. I suppose that's another discussion though.

In the end we won 6-0 and it actually could have been more had we taken more of our chances against a team who had the best goals conceded record before today and, as I say, I don't even think we were that good.

Fantastic performance,looked like scoring every time we went forward,Kun and the Beast are a formidable partnership,Nasri superb,Fernandinho masterful,Navas excellent finishes and perfect cross for 3rd goal.Sort our away form out and the title is there for the taking...

KippaxCitizen said:
I thought we were really poor for much of the first half and even in spells in the second half, and we won 6-0. Bizarre! I suppose that's what you get when you take your chances. I mentioned to a lad at the ground about Bayern München last night - they were poor all game and won 0-3 in Dortmund.

Until the 28th minute it was three or four passes and we'd give it back to Spurs with sloppy and somewhat lazy play. Yaya was particularly poor. And they were outnumbering us in central midfield and were the better side on the ball.

We then started to get hold of the ball with Nasri and Fernandinho both taking responsibility to get us keeping possession better, and we were overall much better from then on (but slipped into strange passages of play here and there in the second half).

Some of our counter attacking play was superb - we saw the same against United - yet we don't play in this manner whatsoever away from home when it's clear to see constant meaningless possession in the opposition's half doesn't always work. I'd like to see us adopt some of these sort of tactics when things aren't going our way at away games. There's no way poorer teams will keep the ball or defend as well as they do camped in their own box with us breaking on them at pace and with quality like we have done in a number of the ten goals we scored against United and Spurs. I suppose that's another discussion though.

In the end we won 6-0 and it actually could have been more had we taken more of our chances against a team who had the best goals conceded record before today and, as I say, I don't even think we were that good.

A brave but sensible summary to make after such an amazing result.

citymad said:
KippaxCitizen said:

I think he/she is bang on,

Much better defensively today and the same attacking swagger we're used to at home now, breathtaking football at times.

We were much more sensible with the pressing and defensive line today, press on the mistake and don't be afraid to sit off in flat banks of 4 when they have meaningless possession. All credit to Pellegrini for that, hope we see the same defensive tactics away from home.

citymad said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Apart from the use of the word poor. Might not have been at it, at times, but don't think we were poor.
Just happy to let Spuds see some of the ball. Didn't let them see the net though, and that is what counts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.