City v Spurs post match

Anyone who thinks Toure didnt play well today needs there fooking eyes testing he was imense his positional play and use of the ball given he was really our only holding midfielder player was superb and this was against a team that have been overunning teams for fun in recent weeks from Midfield yes he cant dominate games now with lung bursting runs, but his ball retention coolness under pressure and passing was outstanding today

Thought he was incredibly good, though he was understandably tiring around the 70-75 min mark. His ability to keep the ball and move it so quickly, with both feet, in the tightest of positions is still a joy to behold.

Does he though.... A continued theme of holding on to the ball for to long and he just isn't clicking in this system. Sterling is making the runs should be, why is that?
Exactly what I was saying to my friend today. His hold up play at times was excellent, he just wasn't making the right runs all game long though that was pretty frustrating to watch.

I watched NBCSN in the States and their quick take was that Zaba had played him on. Too late now, and obviously tight call.

What pisses me off is how we get pulled out of our defensive positions so easily. Have a look at where Kola is when the ball is played in to Kane. The whole point of a back FOUR is to ALWAYS have at least one spare defender, ESPECIALLY when the other team is playing with one upfront and midfield runners. If only a CITY midfield RUNNER had kept pace with Son....!!!
I've noticed even when we have defenders there, attackers are bypassing them like they aren't even there, they don't seem to be trying to get a tackle in at times, it's like sometimes they are so concentrated on their positioning(sometimes even turning their back on play to get in position) they forget about being ready to take the ball off them at the first opportunity.

I think you've set your stall out on the lad.. Just my opinion.

It's clear as day that we will play a front 3 of sterling, sane and GJ within the next 12 months.

so even you miss the second part of the post you directly quoted....the blindness is starting to catch here...maybe i need to use a bigger font or something!

Must have watched a different game if you don't think Aguero was making runs.

He's running the channels, granted, however, the reason he's doing this is because of the defensive line played against him. He's probably the best 'on the shoulder' striker in hbe league, that doesn't matter if a team sits deep, hence he's popping from a central position... It's not I'm watching a different game, just a different player!

2-0 deservedly.
Then Clichy strikes again. The ball was his to win, but he does nothing, stands his ground in 'no mans land' allowing Walker to cross unchallenged. You can talk about Ali not being watched, but that was down to a Clichy brain fart.

Then the non penalty. Raheem isn't the brightest is he. I can't think of any reason not to go down, penalty, red card and 3-1. Game over.
But no... Andre Marriner... 60 seconds, another decision against us. Kane is offside. 2-2.

Enter Jesus... almost a perfect debut... no need to be offside... his being offside didn't give him an advantage, but disallowed.

We played much better than I've seen for a while. All seemed up for it today... shame

Long time since I've walked away from a game and felt this deflated,fucking hell we just dismantled the best side in the premier league and got a draw out of it,Dav and leroy were superb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.