City v Spurs Prematch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor Clap or Boo?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
andyhinch said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
It's my dream fuck off!!!

Mine too,and together we can make it happen.
We can make a better world - one where cat memes are accepted,and cunts are no longer second class citizens.
A world free from prejudice,hatred,evil and johnsonontheleft.
A place where our grandkids can joyride without fear of knocking down a nonce.
A better forum - a better America.
For four more years,I thank you from the heart of my bottom.
God bless Ric,and all who sail in him.
I'm in fucking tears here, can it be true can it. The land of the free

Re: Adebayor Clap or Boo?

jimharri said:
Sky Blue said:
Champions2012! said:
Adebayor+He+used+to+like+coach+trips+but+not+anymore+_1e01dde4fdecf6edfff85e12457429f7.gif

adestamp1.gif

I changed my mind....Clap him...
Looking at that now, it's amazing at the time that 99% of people on here would argue that that was accidental!

Look at how rvp came in though

9rhxr9.gif

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1909-2012

DEFOE ON CITY

Jermain Defoe would love a repeat of our last performance at City - with a couple of tweaks to the finale!

Spurs were last at the Etihad Stadium in January for what turned out to be one of the best matches of the Premier League campaign.

It was a rollercoaster ride as we trailed 2-0 before Jermain and then Gareth Bale's wonderful strike brought us back on level terms in the second half.

As the clock ticked past the 90-minute mark, we had a chance to complete the comeback. Gareth got away down the left and slid the ball across goal for Jermain, who agonisingly couldn't quite reach it on the slide to win the game.

That wasn't all though. City managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat as Ledley King fouled Mario Ballotelli and the Italian slotted home the winner from the penalty spot in the 94th minute.

"We should have won it really with that chance right at the end of the game," said Jermain. "On that day, it just wasn’t to be, although I thought we were the better side throughout.

"Hopefully we’ll go there and produce the same performance, and hopefully this time get the three points."

This time around, we face a City side who remain unbeaten after 10 games in the defence of their Premier League title, sitting in third place behind Chelsea and United.

Indeed, the Etihad hasn't been breached in the Premier League since December, 2010 - when Everton won 2-1 - but as Jermain explained, the squad will take heart from their away form this season, not least the win at Old Trafford in September.

"If you win at United, you can win anywhere and not just in England, anywhere in Europe," said JD.

"They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and to go there and play how we did the in first half, that performance was unbelievable. Okay, the second half was a little different, but you get that at Old Trafford. If we can do the same at City it would be fantastic."

Meanwhile, Jermain reflected on his hat-trick in last night's 3-1 win against NK Maribor - goals that moved him ahead of legendary striker Teddy Sheringham in the club's all-time goalscoring list.

He's now eighth overall on 126 goals. "To score a hat-trick in a European night at the Lane, that's special," he said.

"Everyone was right up for it. We passed the ball well, the movement was good and we showed great energy.

"Tom Carroll was brilliant. I thought he dictated the whole game. For a young player to come in and do that is special, brilliant for Tommy.

"On a personal note, the goals seem to be flowing and I just want to keep it going. I don’t want to take my foot off the gas, I just want to continue scoring goals and keep winning games.

"We’ve a massive game this weekend and it’s important we recover as a group and get ready for City."

Re: Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1909-2012

ccr said:
Ahhh! Who could forget Foster Hedley ?

Foster Hedley (6 January 1908–1983) was a professional footballer who played for St Andrews (Newcastle), South Shields, Corinthians (Newcastle), Jarrow, Hull City, Nelson, Manchester City, Chester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Millwall and Swindon Town.

Hedley played for St Andrews (Newcastle), South Shields, Corinthians (Newcastle) and Jarrow before joining Hull City where he participated in two matches in 1928.

After spells with Nelson and Manchester City the outside left signed for Chester City in 1931 where he went on to feature in 88 games and scoring on 29 occasions.

Hedley joined Tottenham Hotspur to play a further five matches and netting once in all competitions.

After leaving White Hart Lane he joined Millwall before ending his playing career at Swindon Town where he played 30 matches and scored seven goals in all competitions between 1938–46.

Marvin said:
I'd like to see Kolarov start. Yet again an another assist last night for the off-side goal.

Regarding Nasri, remember his debut at Spurs when he played some great crosses for Dzeko. And how about last night when he crossed to Toure for his goal with the outside of his foot.
Kolarov against Lennon or Bale, no thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.