City v Spurs Prematch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiptopcheshireblue said:
For me, the key is how will our defence cope with their front 4, how will their defence cope with our front 4. I fancy us to come out on top.

We know their fans are going to give us stick about the champions league, because they did better in their one champions league season, however, i think everytime they do we sing back to them "50 years, since you won the league". That should keep them quiet, along with a city win hopefully.

Technically, it was Tottenham's second season in Europe's top club competition.

We reached the Semi-Finals in 1961-62, losing to Benfica and the Quarter Finals in 2010-11, losing to Real Madrid.

By contrast, Manchester City were knocked-out of the 1968-69 European Cup at the first round stage to Fenerbahçe and it looks like you've got your work cut-out to advance from the group stage of the 2012-13 competition.

I really hope you do manage to progress, as I always want English clubs to do well in Europe.

The left hand side, our right, is going to be the big problem today. Vertonghen likes to get forward and coupled up with Bale it's going to be a nightmare seeing as we don't really provide much cover on our right for Zab, Nasri will probably be on that side and that worries me.

That said, I still think we'll do them but it's going to be close.

3-2 City.

Assuming Merlin isn't fit enough to start I'd be tempted to start Mario, Carlos and Sergio in order to pin their defence back.

Win this and we're 8 point between Arsenal and Spurs.

............................................Hart.............................................

Zaba...................Kompany.................Nasty...............................Clichy

.........................Milner/Garcia.............Barry.............................

..........................................Yaya..........................................

Silva...................................Tevez.........................................Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.