CITY v Stoke - Official Match Thread

doomuk said:
LittleBoyBlue said:
Agreed - gotta be worth the 45 min investment to help him get back to his best.

This and this again.

I dont think this is the right reasoning, this is just purely based on sunk costs. If a change is needed the manager will make it regardless of how long the player has been on for.....similar to the change of manager really, regardless of the investment if a change is needed, it will be made.

2-0 .. and Mancini and Kidd discussing the match almost for the full 45 minutes and making tactical changes that work .... not bad so far.

Bigga said:
drsqueggy said:
Robbie's looked really low on confidence since he came back from injury. I don't think taking him off would be the right decision, he needs to play to get his confidence back up.

Totally agree with this assessment. It's the knee jerkers on here that reckon Mancini should bring the lad off. I think he will amend his position, more than anything, and tell him to play freely than he is doing. Even if he doesn't score, he will opening up the play for others and will, eventually, find himself in better positions to score tap ins.

I will say, though, the swapping of positions for Barry and Ireland has freed up both their styles of play.

Long long overdue.

Yeah, well overdue! Ireland has been extremely quiet this season, its definately been due to the fact he hasn't been comfortable in the position he's being played. Today both him and Barry have been looking a lot more lively.

I think we deserve at least one penalty?

The performance in the first half is ok; I am exited to see what changes Mancini would make in the second half. Although it is the first game for Mancini, i hope we score more goals and win, but the real test will be the next game.

It's great that all the ex pros and official commentators on tv and radio think that its not been a 2 nil half and Stoke have given as good as they have got but City fans think we have hammered them. But there isn't any blue bias is there:)

Great first half score and we musn't let them get it to 2.1

awesome said:
doomuk said:
This and this again.

I dont think this is the right reasoning, this is just purely based on sunk costs. If a change is needed the manager will make it regardless of how long the player has been on for.....similar to the change of manager really, regardless of the investment if a change is needed, it will be made.

He meant investment in Robbi's confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.