City v Stoke post match

The thing that really anoys about today is the fact that they scored with two flukes. A guess I should be happy that that is what passes for Typical City these days.

We were superb.
Both were from Sané mistakes so it's not like we couldn't have stopped them. But still frustrating finishes!
And leave Aguero on the bench
And no Kompany or Mendy!

I got a text off a Tranmere supporting workmate which said

"That's some football team you have mate. You're gonna piss the prem"

I reckon most football supporters of other clubs in the country feel the same way. Probably just City fans who think (know) it won't be that straightforward lol

Simply football on another level. Had a tear in my eye watching that. Pep will change English football whatever the Neanderthals say, brilliant stuff.

It's all coming together nicely. Shame about the 2 goals conceded, but we'd be unlucky to have those two go in during a season, let alone a minute either side of half time.

It was noticeable in his post match interview that KDB mentioned players giving opportunities to players who are better placed. Gone are the days that we were a collection of talented individuals who played for the same team, now we're a team who are full of talented individuals & that could only have come about from having a manager of Pep Guardiola's stature at the helm.

I've said it from the beginning that we won't see the best of this team until season 2019 - 2020 & I maintain that stance still.

Guardiola said something last week that I held back from saying after the Chelsea match because I didn't want a killjoy argument. BUT after the way we took Chelsea apart, I thought 'Just WOW'!!! BUT I watched the match back 24 hours later & just as Pep said, I thought we weren't as good as I first thought & there was lots of room for improvement.

To think that even this was good enough to trample all over the Champions in their own back yard, was something else, however I completely get where Pep is coming from.

He took a team that didn't equal the sum of its parts in Barca & turned them into the best football team in history (imho), & if I'm thinking along the same lines as Pep, this is the benchmark he's looking to reach & surpass for Manchester City Football Club, & it's not as crazy as some may think.

The main architects of that great Barca side are now at City. OK, we don't yet have a Messi or even our own Xavi, but we're on the way to getting close to a Xavi or 2. Tonight, Pep once again mentioned the young players he has & that the plan is for them to grow together for years to come. I can't see him talking this way unless he intends to be the man to achieve greatness with this team.

We go to Stamford Bridge & take the game to the Champions, & ManUre go to Anfield, playing for, & getting a draw which HUGELY satisfied Moureen. I can't tell you how happy I am that we have our manager & not some anti-football merchant like Moureen.

We've a long way to go, but its looking like it's gonna be one hell of a journey lads & lasses. So hold on tight & enjoy the Pep ride! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.