City v Stoke post match

No way was the 77 team better and although the League table showed 1 point the fact is Liverpool were on the bridle for the last few games. They knew they had won it and strangely enough played a game in hand on the Monday night which they lost when the League had been won on the Saturday. That was the last game of the season, truth is we never really challenged Liverpool, we were just a bit better than the others. The 68 team was class, had swagger, scored great goals and were the best team and won at Newcastle on the final day where if you believe the people who said they were there made our support number 50,000 on the day!!!

Fair enough, all about opinions. My dad went home and away both seasons and that was his take.

On paper that is definitely the best City side who didn't win a title. Let's hope we're not saying the same thing about this team in a few years!

The football that led to our second goal was sublime. Starting from Walker's back-heel, we knocked it all over the park and into the net.

How can teams realistically practise in the lead up to our games? Most teams don't have the players capable of playing at that intensity, so when they cross the line it must be almost completely different to what they've been doing in training.

when one player is head an shoulders above the rest in a performance like that tells you how good KDB is at the moment

i feel if we can keep the squad relatively injury free i just don't see who can live with us

The football that led to our second goal was sublime. Starting from Walker's back-heel, we knocked it all over the park and into the net.

How can teams realistically practise in the lead up to our games? Most teams don't have the players capable of playing at that intensity, so when they cross the line it must be almost completely different to what they've been doing in training.
That second goal is goal of the season material the way we moved the ball from the back across the pitch and the passes from kdb and sane were sumptuous. That goal should be on repeat on sly sports.

That second goal is goal of the season material the way we moved the ball from the back across the pitch and the passes from kdb and sane were sumptuous. That goal should be on repeat on sly sports.

Steady now, it was good but not that good. Think a montage of Phil Jones blocking tackles and De Gea saves is what the purists really want to see. ;-)

Magnificent performance, a thing of beauty

So many great moments, but KDB's pass for the 6th was just unbelievable

Good to see Stones doing a passable impression of St Vincent too

I saw my first City game at Maine Rd in 1964 (the |Bert Trautmann testimonial) as an 8 year old and have been a fan ever since. I have believed for almost 50 years that the 1967/68 team shown above was the best City team I have seen. I also believed Colin Bell has to the best player every to wear a City shirt.
I have to say that this current squad is even better and playing more attractive football than the 68 team (and believe me they played great football). I am now also starting to think that two or three of this team, David Silva, Kevin Debruyne and Sergio Aguero, may be even better than the KIng.

What a great time to be a City fan. Its times like this that I really miss Manchester. I see every game live on TV here but I would love to be in the Stadium.
You have a similar match going history as me, my first game was in 63 and i can honestly say i'v seen it all
I never thought i would see a better team than the Mercer/Allison era but having been in the Etihad yesterday and watching that Pep team destroy Stoke i started to change my mind, now after having slept on it and then watching MOTD re-run this Sunday morning i think peoples comments that this City team is the best ever is bang on the money, for Murphy to say a young Jesus is comparable to a young Messi has tipped it for me, my Mrs who's first game was in 68 said "that's better than Joe ever put out and i wish my Dad was here to see it" sums it up really

Thought hughes comments about prodding us with a stick were ace! He could have inadvertently gave us a helping hand there, teams are going to listen to that and think, shit what do we do when we go there? Don't want to upset them and get hammered 10 - 0

Thought hughes comments about prodding us with a stick were ace! He could have inadvertently gave us a helping hand there, teams are going to listen to that and think, shit what do we do when we go there? Don't want to upset them and get hammered 10 - 0
I think it is the first time in my life I heard Hughes make no excuses and just praise the opposition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.