City v Sunderland Post Match Discussion Thread

pudge said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
pudge said:
They we're responsible for 2 of our 3 goals

Fuck me mate-One a pen after he had done tap all and one a worldy when he had done fuck all else apart from cause more team unrest...Dzeko is really poor for me and dived for the pen(happy we got it) but quite clearly they just are not performing.
A) it wasn't a dive
and B) take the goals away today and we'd have had more problems
B) 2 goals does not hide the fact the he was shocking again.
Glad he scored them though but he is really begining to annoy me.

bennyboy said:
pudge said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fuck me mate-One a pen after he had done tap all and one a worldy when he had done fuck all else apart from cause more team unrest...Dzeko is really poor for me and dived for the pen(happy we got it) but quite clearly they just are not performing.
A) it wasn't a dive
Shocking? What did you want him to do with the rubbish service to our forwards until Pizarro came on.

I hope you're not talking about the FK incident.

pudge said:
Blue Haze said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Using that against Ferguson is like saying Colin Bell wasn't that good a player because he never played in Italy.
Conversely, using Mourinho's tendency to switch clubs against him is like saying Ronnie's behaviour makes him overrated.

Let's be honest. If Mou wanted to park himself in one league and dominate, he could easily do that. Starting from scratch and adapting to a new league every few years is what makes him the Special One.
He hasn't dominated any league, with possible exception of a depleted serie A
And the Premier League.

pudge said:
Blue Haze said:
Using that against Ferguson is like saying Colin Bell wasn't that good a player because he never played in Italy.
Conversely, using Mourinho's tendency to switch clubs against him is like saying Ronnie's behaviour makes him overrated.

Let's be honest. If Mou wanted to park himself in one league and dominate, he could easily do that. Starting from scratch and adapting to a new league every few years is what makes him the Special One.

The difference between them is that when mourinho bangs heads with possibly the greatest club side ever he manages to find a way to beat them, whereas the other twat not only gets embarressed once but twice, purple nose is a very good premier league manager but he wouldnt have gone to Inter and won the european cup.

And he wouldnt be on the verge of beating barcelona to the spanish title

Its all irrelevant anyhow as mourinho is being clever as usual and probably has no intention of coming to city

pudge said:
Blue Haze said:

I suppose you could argue it was depleted. Then again he also won the hardest league, the CL. If you look at Inter's next season they weren't actually that good, Mou just had them playing at a crazy hight level.

Ferguson undoubtedly has more domestic success but only because he is 20 years older. Mou is on pace to break that by 60. Which isn't a slight on Ferguson, it's mind boggling for anyone.

If Barcelona sorted it away form (which they have now), Madrid wouldn't be getting a sniff right now. I believe Barcelona will win the El Clasico at home and that puts a 3 pt difference between them and Madrid. I still think Madrid will win it this year.

Fair play to Mourinho though...his attackers have been too hot but also too pacey for the opposing defences to handle.

Well, I'm not sure how to put that into words but I'll give it my best shot.

I do think that the title race ended today. Our horse has a bad leg and as we head towards the final fence it appears United's horse has more legs and some slightly easier turf to gallop across. Sunderland weren't the better team today - I know stats only tell half of the story but seriously: 64% possession, 15 shots (7 on target), 86% pass completion rate; on another day those stats would have backed up a 3-0 win but some sloppy defensive errors cost us the game. Kompany allowed Larsson time to control, shape up and shoot before moving to block the ball; we fell asleep before Sunderland's free-kick and Richards easily beaten by Bendtner in the air; Kompany stepped away from Bendtner which allowed the pass through and left Toure isolated at the back.

It was a bad day at the office today - the worst offenders, for me, being Yaya Toure and David Silva - but there's a certain enigmatic centre-forward that needs guidance, serious guidance. That debacle in the second-half was like watching us throw the title away within five seconds. United will look at that and absolutely piss themselves with glee. Mario was aggravated by Kolarov snapping the ball out of his hands (and I think Mancini should discipline Aleks for that) but Balotelli's reaction could lose him the respect of the players and a lot of the fans that adore him. That was a petulant, childish reaction from Balotelli and something that leaves him clinging on to the City cliff with one finger, Mansour stamping on his hand to make sure he lets go. Kolarov may have been in the wrong too but it's Balotelli who the media are going to hound now. It's not his fault if the media follow him, but Balotelli does nothing to help himself. In saying that, I can't ignore Balotelli's two world class goals today. Another superb penalty and a great goal to get us back in the game: once again we see both sides of Mr. Mario.

I think our best player today was Pizarro. We lacked a lot of inventiveness in the second half until he provided it. Silva's not fit and it's showing in his performances on the pitch and how much the range of City's play increases when he leaves the field. Toure and de Jong pushed the ball wide so much more when Silva departed because they absolutely had to - and we ended up scoring because of the amount of pressure we put on Sunderland. Kolarov put in about 20 crosses today and with Aguero on or Dzeko in a better position we may have nicked all three at the end.

A bad day at the office, yes. But that's one bad day we can't afford at this stage. For the 2011/12 campaign we settle for second and go back to the drawing board for next season. I'm not happy with the way we've played since December (Wolves at home being the last time I felt like we'd steamroller a team) and now we're beginning to have our weaknesses shown. More questions will pile up and Mancini will do his best to answer them, but any late push feels like it will be too little, too late. 2nd is progress, but it's all we're gonna get this season.

MCFC BOB said:
Well, I'm not sure how to put that into words but I'll give it my best shot.

I do think that the title race ended today. Our horse has a bad leg and as we head towards the final fence it appears United's horse has more legs and some slightly easier turf to gallop across. Sunderland weren't the better team today - I know stats only tell half of the story but seriously: 64% possession, 15 shots (7 on target), 86% pass completion rate; on another day those stats would have backed up a 3-0 win but some sloppy defensive errors cost us the game. Kompany allowed Larsson time to control, shape up and shoot before moving to block the ball; we fell asleep before Sunderland's free-kick and Richards easily beaten by Bendtner in the air; Kompany stepped away from Bendtner which allowed the pass through and left Toure isolated at the back.

It was a bad day at the office today - the worst offenders, for me, being Yaya Toure and David Silva - but there's a certain enigmatic centre-forward that needs guidance, serious guidance. That debacle in the second-half was like watching us throw the title away within five seconds. United will look at that and absolutely piss themselves with glee. Mario was aggravated by Kolarov snapping the ball out of his hands (and I think Mancini should discipline Aleks for that) but Balotelli's reaction could lose him the respect of the players and a lot of the fans that adore him. That was a petulant, childish reaction from Balotelli and something that leaves him clinging on to the City cliff with one finger, Mansour stamping on his hand to make sure he lets go. Kolarov may have been in the wrong too but it's Balotelli who the media are going to hound now. It's not his fault if the media follow him, but Balotelli does nothing to help himself. In saying that, I can't ignore Balotelli's two world class goals today. Another superb penalty and a great goal to get us back in the game: once again we see both sides of Mr. Mario.

I think our best player today was Pizarro. We lacked a lot of inventiveness in the second half until he provided it. Silva's not fit and it's showing in his performances on the pitch and how much the range of City's play increases when he leaves the field. Toure and de Jong pushed the ball wide so much more when Silva departed because they absolutely had to - and we ended up scoring because of the amount of pressure we put on Sunderland. Kolarov put in about 20 crosses today and with Aguero on or Dzeko in a better position we may have nicked all three at the end.

A bad day at the office, yes. But that's one bad day we can't afford at this stage. For the 2011/12 campaign we settle for second and go back to the drawing board for next season. I'm not happy with the way we've played since December (Wolves at home being the last time I felt like we'd steamroller a team) and now we're beginning to have our weaknesses shown. More questions will pile up and Mancini will do his best to answer them, but any late push feels like it will be too little, too late. 2nd is progress, but it's all we're gonna get this season.

there are 7 more fences to leap yet

Today our stile of play , with free running wing-backs , and "a drift and hit" 3 attacking mid's behind a striker was found out at home for the first time , but to be fare we have been found out away from home for over three months now . We need to look at the the four lads playing at wing-back , they this season have not been up to it in the back end of the season simple . IT'S A FAILING THAT HAS BEEN MASKED BY SILVAS GREAT PLAY in the first five months of the season, Silvas loss of form this past few weeks has shown up our wing play to be easy to defend and counter on the brake, how can we blame our forwards when the service is crap 7 out of 10 times!!!!!!!!!!!

Jumanji said:
bennyboy said:
pudge said:
A) it wasn't a dive
Shocking? What did you want him to do with the rubbish service to our forwards until Pizarro came on.

I hope you're not talking about the FK incident.
His general play.Stupid fouls conceded,on his arse every couple of mins,spitting the dummy out,poor play throughout.He has been like this since the West Brom game.
To be fair though the only one i gave pass marks to today was Kolarov and for the first time i thought Mancini was at fault as much as the players.Bad day all around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.