City v Sunderland Post Match Discussion Thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
robertsuki said:
ElanJo said:
Pkaying De Jong is what has cost us the title.

And today he was atrocious. Even tho he spent most of the game 3 yards infront of the centrebacks he still managed to not be there for 2 of their goals. I see no point in him, especially if you're going to play a 2 man midfield. Can't expect Yaya to control the midfield on his own against 3 opponents.
WHAT ABOUT MILNER?

the lad who played well at the start of the season, has been left on the bench for the last month and then got played firstly wide right and then at right back, no wonder he wasn't at his best.

and yet was the best midfielder still today.

Not sure where this thread is at, but if it's aimed at De Jong he played because

a) Barry isn't 100% and Nasri was unavailable
b) Sunderland have a very physical and competitive midfield
c) They oplay with a man behind the front 2, Sessegnon and I think De Jong would have been detailed to pick him up. I know it didn't work as he was their best player, but given what was available, I think the only question mark was whether Pizarro should have started.

robertsuki said:
POOR PERFORMANCES TODAY FROM RICHARDS,KOMPANY,YAYA,MILNER,SILVA,BALOTELLI AND DZEKO.
WE NEED MORE QUALITY IN MIDFIELD FOR NEXT SEASON AND THAT MEANS BYE BYE TO MILNER , BARRY AND JOHNSON.

Milner has been dropped for a while, johnson has been shite, also for a while. But BARRY. Barry has been better for us than you think. Holds the midfield together IMO.

Says a lot that Barry is one of our most consistent performers. Look at the quality that the 3 giants have- Schweinsteiger, Xavi, Alonso. Real have Sahin on the bench and he would walk into our starting 11.

mcfc-mark said:
robertsuki said:
POOR PERFORMANCES TODAY FROM RICHARDS,KOMPANY,YAYA,MILNER,SILVA,BALOTELLI AND DZEKO.
WE NEED MORE QUALITY IN MIDFIELD FOR NEXT SEASON AND THAT MEANS BYE BYE TO MILNER , BARRY AND JOHNSON.

Milner has been dropped for a while, johnson has been shite, also for a while. But BARRY. Barry has been better for us than you think. Holds the midfield together IMO.

Barry and Milner pairing will be better.

But then there are a number of 'fans' who don't rate him.
They prefer de Jong.

Tell me why.

blueprint said:
mcfc-mark said:
robertsuki said:

They prefer de Jong.

Tell me why.

I don't have a clue mate. On the back of my shirt= DE JONG. facebook= DE JONG. As my last name. Sad maybe, but he's my favourite player. But as for your post, I am in total agreement. He's just not fitting in at the team at the moment. Complete tactical blunder here.

Balti said:
robertsuki said:
ElanJo said:
Pkaying De Jong is what has cost us the title.

And today he was atrocious. Even tho he spent most of the game 3 yards infront of the centrebacks he still managed to not be there for 2 of their goals. I see no point in him, especially if you're going to play a 2 man midfield. Can't expect Yaya to control the midfield on his own against 3 opponents.
WHAT ABOUT MILNER?

was strangely dropped when displaying his best form for us tbf

NDJ would have protected that makeshift defence once upon a time

Not when we are the team going forward. He is slow as fuck.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:16 am --<br /><br />
blueprint said:
mcfc-mark said:
robertsuki said:

They prefer de Jong.

Tell me why.

Because their IQ is in single digits.

I believe Barry should be picked ahead of de Jong, when possible.

But Nigel de Jong - world cup finalist, but not good enough to play for City??

strange!!

Sabster said:
Balti said:
robertsuki said:
WHAT ABOUT MILNER?

was strangely dropped when displaying his best form for us tbf

NDJ would have protected that makeshift defence once upon a time

Not when we are the team going forward. He is slow as fuck.

-- Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:16 am --

blueprint said:
mcfc-mark said:

They prefer de Jong.

Tell me why.
Because their IQ is in single digits.

Thats very apt describing 'some one with narrow mind of the world, or have low understanding on everything, or some one with idiotic behaviors or mind.'

Which is? Parochial or village idiot? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.