City v Sunderland Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Poor defense

Marvin said:
blueprint said:
What we need is a central & strong midfielder that has the PACE & WIDTH to cover or help our overlapping FB's such as AK who going forward (which is good from my POV for the excellent crosses or service to our strikers) lacks the mobility or pace to backtrack.

Sadly what we have now is inadequate. We need a top notch midfileder like Alex Song. He is the reason too for the resurgent gunners.

If not we should have VK playing a higher defensively & to protect or cover the back 4. We have reliable CBs in Lescott, Kolo. Micah & Clichy for the wingbacks.
That will be an awesome defensive quintet force.

Today we didn't that cover!
Silva and Nasri have pace and width. Our midfield is the best by far in the country. We missed our best players today, and other normally reliable players had poor games.

Your post is ridiculous

Tell me is our CBs pairing of Kolo & Lescott bad?

Why is VK (is he not good enough?) playing the defensive midfielder position not good for City?

Re: Poor defense

blueprint said:
Marvin said:
blueprint said:
What we need is a central & strong midfielder that has the PACE & WIDTH to cover or help our overlapping FB's such as AK who going forward (which is good from my POV for the excellent crosses or service to our strikers) lacks the mobility or pace to backtrack.

Sadly what we have now is inadequate. We need a top notch midfileder like Alex Song. He is the reason too for the resurgent gunners.

If not we should have VK playing a higher defensively & to protect or cover the back 4. We have reliable CBs in Lescott, Kolo. Micah & Clichy for the wingbacks.
That will be an awesome defensive quintet force.

Today we didn't that cover!
Silva and Nasri have pace and width. Our midfield is the best by far in the country. We missed our best players today, and other normally reliable players had poor games.

Your post is ridiculous

Tell me is our CBs pairing of Kolo & Lescott bad?

Why is VK (is he not good enough?) playing the defensive midfielder position not good for City?
Look these players were playing great football at the start of the season but it's hard to keep it going throughout the season. In most seasons we'd be Champions

Half the 1st choice team were out today. Take Rooney out of Utd's team they'd be knackered.

ElanJo said:
Pkaying De Jong is what has cost us the title.

And today he was atrocious. Even tho he spent most of the game 3 yards infront of the centrebacks he still managed to not be there for 2 of their goals. I see no point in him, especially if you're going to play a 2 man midfield. Can't expect Yaya to control the midfield on his own against 3 opponents.
WHAT ABOUT MILNER?

robertsuki said:
ElanJo said:

And today he was atrocious. Even tho he spent most of the game 3 yards infront of the centrebacks he still managed to not be there for 2 of their goals. I see no point in him, especially if you're going to play a 2 man midfield. Can't expect Yaya to control the midfield on his own against 3 opponents.
WHAT ABOUT MILNER?

the lad who played well at the start of the season, has been left on the bench for the last month and then got played firstly wide right and then at right back, no wonder he wasn't at his best.

robertsuki said:
ElanJo said:

WHAT ABOUT MILNER?

was strangely dropped when displaying his best form for us tbf

NDJ would have protected that makeshift defence once upon a time

silva needs to sit. he's not doing us any good with these performances.

back 4
milner yaya pizarro nasri
aguero (when fit)
balo/dzeko

POOR PERFORMANCES TODAY FROM RICHARDS,KOMPANY,YAYA,MILNER,SILVA,BALOTELLI AND DZEKO.
WE NEED MORE QUALITY IN MIDFIELD FOR NEXT SEASON AND THAT MEANS BYE BYE TO MILNER , BARRY AND JOHNSON.

Barcon said:
remoh said:
Barcon said:
Wow, just typed out a long response and somehow deleted it. Either way, I wasn't trying to insult you (I never called you shite), and if you don't want to be pals, that's fine. I'm not really sure what evidence you have provided to prove any of these players fantastic either. I have never, and will never slag off a City player or manager on an internet forum (with the obvious exception of tevez). I at least waited until they were gone before insulting them. P.S, started going in the 60's.

My sympathies re. your lost reply. I lost two before finally getting through.

As I said, if you read your post again, you would find it offensive, I'm sure. You never called me shite; I included your description of the players mentioned under the heading of insulting - and 'shite' is not normally classed as praise!
You don't feel that I've made a case for the players; fair enough. A re-check of their careers with us and since, may convince you otherwise, but not if you are one of those who believes that Roberto can do no wrong.

The Forum exists so that we can all express our opinions of players, management etc. and sometimes that will be negative. We all want the best for our Club and if our present management is making a pig's ear of it, as some of us think, then saying so on here is not disloyalty to the Club, whereas backing a poor, out of his depth, manager, while seeming like loyalty, could actually be counter-productive.

It sounds as though we're the same generation, by the way, so apologies for the 'school-boy' dig.

No worries mate, I'll be in Wilmslow in Sept. we can meet up for a hug. ; )

Only if you're female, gorgeous and far younger than me!

In the cold light of day, very disappointing. Two late goals set up a big finish but it should never have come to this.

We don't really look like a team. Especially when 3-1 for 20 mins or so. Too many individuals Edin and Balo especially.

Need Utd to lose and us to beat Arsenal to stand a chance. Aint gonna happen.

Balti said:
robertsuki said:
ElanJo said:

WHAT ABOUT MILNER?

was strangely dropped when displaying his best form for us tbf

NDJ would have protected that makeshift defence once upon a time

Perpetuating the myth.
King Nigel & his merry men

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.