City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pride in battle said:
People commentating on the 'big' pitch at Wembley.....all pitches are the same size now :)

That's not strictly true. City have the largest pitch in the League. West Ham have the smallest. I am not sure about the Wembley dimensions but it sure looks big.

chris85mcfc said:
pride in battle said:
People commentating on the 'big' pitch at Wembley.....all pitches are the same size now :)

Incorrect

It sort of is correct.

Wembley is the same size pitch as the Etihad. Only those grounds restricted by size have smaller pitches.

For example, Anfield has a restricted length but is maximum width.

6one said:
chris85mcfc said:
pride in battle said:

Incorrect

It sort of is correct.

Wembley is the same size pitch as the Etihad. Only those grounds restricted by size have smaller pitches.

..so it's incorrect then.

6one said:
chris85mcfc said:
pride in battle said:

Incorrect

It sort of is correct.

How can it be sort of correct if its totally incorrect.

I don't think one pitch in the league is the same size as another. They all have to be within a certain criteria but some are 4 or 5 yards narrower than others. Ours is the biggest and is similar to Wembley.

chris85mcfc said:
6one said:
chris85mcfc said:
Incorrect

It sort of is correct.

How can it be sort of correct if its totally incorrect.

I don't think one pitch in the league is the same size as another. They all have to be within a certain criteria but some are 4 or 5 yards narrower than others. Ours is the biggest and is similar to Wembley.
Didn't Pulis narrow the size of Stoke's pitch for Rory's throw-ins?

Hand on heart, who went into the FA Cup final last season expecting to win? Not a show of arrogance to admit it, more an acknowledgment that we had the superior side and beating Wigan was a forgone conclusion. I admit I was expecting a win, and for some reason i've not learned my lesson this time either :-)

Pigeonho said:
Hand on heart, who went into the FA Cup final last season expecting to win? Not a show of arrogance to admit it, more an acknowledgment that we had the superior side and beating Wigan was a forgone conclusion. I admit I was expecting a win, and for some reason i've not learned my lesson this time either :-)

With you there, Pige. Although I'm sure the players won't want that feeling again and have something to prove following the Wigan fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.