J_Bow said:
kun said:
Our last 5 at the stadium of light (W0, D1, L4):
1-1
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0

Christ, I've got a good feeling this time. We're on a high right now and they used a lot of energy against Chelsea.

I'd get Milner in instead of Navas and I'd play Sagna with Demichelis. Nastasić hasn't played enough to warrant a spot.

When did Nasty last play for City?. - Was it pre-season in USA. Has he played any internationals.?.

He last played for us in the community shield, I think he played twice for Serbia recently.

J_Bow said:
kun said:
Our last 5 at the stadium of light (W0, D1, L4):
1-1
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0

Christ, I've got a good feeling this time. We're on a high right now and they used a lot of energy against Chelsea.

I'd get Milner in instead of Navas and I'd play Sagna with Demichelis. Nastasić hasn't played enough to warrant a spot.
Our only goal in those 5 came from Adam Johnson, who now plays for Sunderland. We haven't won there since SWP's second debut.

I agree though, feel this is the time to break the trend.

Sunderland seem to have got their act together the last few weeks and put in a great shift yesterday against Chelsea but I really think we are on a roll now. I also think that the game that came so soon after Liverpool's April title winning performance last season has made us more than aware of the threat of Connor Wickham and that really is all they have up front. They will be brave and spirited but an early goal for us and they will fold like a pack of cards.

We will put this bogey team to bed and I think it will be early in the game and I think we will score four or five.

Hart

Sagna - Zabaleta - Demichelis - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Navas - Yaya Touré - Nasri

Aguero

Vincent and Mango are both out so Demichelis will play. Bacary will probably get a game (squad rotation) so I think Pablo will play at CB. Makeshift back four but I dont think they will have a great deal of defending to do anyway. I would have the 2 Nandos in front of the back 4 to unleash Yaya further up the pitch. He would be wasted in Central Midfield as Sunderland will basically play a 10 man defence like they did against Chelsea. Navas and Nasri are the obvious choices on the flanks. Aguero is on fire so no point in resting him as it could stop his momentum. Frank to come on if we need a goal, Jimmy to come on if we need to see out the game.

I think the 3-2 win over Bayern was a turning point in our season similar to last year.

S'land 0 - 3 City

The last time I saw City play up there was in the FA Cup in 1973 at Roker Park.

I'm hoping for a better result this time, and the way we played earlier at Southampton cheered me up.

It will be a long drive home even if we win, never mind a loss.

They defended very well against Chelsea, and it will be a tight game, but I think we have enough to win.

I hope so.

My away days, even now, are not usually the best choices, though I did see us win at Villa Park when Tevez scored the winner a couple of seasons ago.

I don't think I'm a jinx, but bloody hell, I don't often see City win away. I never have.

Maybe Wednesday night will soothe the decades of wounds!

Just need to be solid at the back and play the patients game,strange things will happen this season and us winning at Sunderland and stoke would be one
I would start lamps and milner for this one
Hart
Zaba
Sagna
Demmi
Clichy
Milner
Toured
Dino
Lampard
Nasri
Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.