City v Sunderland Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bellbuzzer said:
against soton there was a determination, a sort of 'right lets get this done' attitude right from the start. Chasing down and pressing was excellent, we were dictating the game in a way not seen enough this season. Carry on in the same vein, even against a dedicated park-the-bus outfit like Sunderland and we will win comfortably. Losing VK and EM is not a death-blow, our squad can cope with this, as long as the attitude is right. Another reason i feel confident is the number of times a sequence of results ends at '6', fate is on our side.

In a bizarre twisty sort of way, it might actually help. If it encourages Sunderland to think they can have a go, we'll rip them to pieces.

I think we will do what we did last season and keep this run going and unlike last season we will keep it going longer and longer. Really feel we will over power Sunderland going forward. A defence will be patched up Would have Sagna in with MDM is Vinny is out keep the same 2 full backs give the arm band to Zabba for the game as he will be the real leader for us tomorrow. Midfield should be strong as ever scoring goals now from there and hopefully that continues again. I would go for 2-0 to City and back to back clean sheets.

leighton said:
I think we will do what we did last season and keep this run going and unlike last season we will keep it going longer and longer. Really feel we will over power Sunderland going forward. A defence will be patched up Would have Sagna in with MDM is Vinny is out keep the same 2 full backs give the arm band to Zabba for the game as he will be the real leader for us tomorrow. Midfield should be strong as ever scoring goals now from there and hopefully that continues again. I would go for 2-0 to City and back to back clean sheets.
If yaya plays he gets the armband. Must be another contractual obligation sadly.

I was thinking about our results from the last couple of seasons against Sunderland last night and it still astonishes me how bad not just our away form is against them but also our home form.

Since the season we won our first Premier League title we have only managed to pick up 5 points from a possible 18 home and away!

Pellegrini did mention yesterday that Sagna can play in central defense so I just hope he goes with the experience and picks him to partner Demichelis, because for me playing Boyata is just too much of a risk considering Sunderland away is such a difficult away day for us.

------------------------Hart----------------------
Zabaleta---Sagna-Demichelis---Clichy
------------Fernando--Fernandinho------
------------------------Yaya---------------------
Navas--------------Aguero------------Nasri

That would be my team.

What I don't get is we always won at sunderland when we was shit. Anyway I'd play this team;
Hart
Zabaleta
Sagna
Martin
Clichy
Navas
Fernando
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas
Nasri
Aguero

Jovetic to come on in the second half if we're not winning. Think he's better as an impact player at the moment.

bugsyblue said:
Any update on Kompany yet?

Without Kompany it does seem a much more difficult game. In all likelihood he will at least miss Wednesdays' game and probably Saturdays game.

Hopefully Boyata or Nastasic (whoever gets selected) can more than fill the breach.
Further we need Toures' recent better form to continue.

If these 2 things happen we should win at Sunderland given a fair wind, but without Kompany against Everton that will be much tougher *even with Mangala back), but we need 2 wins to put pressure on Chelsea as well as keep ourselves above the chasing pack and not undo the good work of the last 3 games.

I'm convinced City killed a black cat in the past. I mean even Connor Wickham scored against you lot last year. That's how bad the curse is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.