City v Sunderland Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
oasis-city-greek-fan said:
What about giving Aguero a rest ?
Against Everton and Roma probably we have to score more than 1 goal to take the win so let s give him a rest and score a goal from a fucking corner against Sunderland ...

Do you not realise we are shit at corners.

mancity dan said:
Against Everton and Roma probably we have to score more than 1 goal to take the win so let s give him a rest and score a goal from a fucking corner against Sunderland ...

Not just shit, really shit. Dont know why we dont just give them a goal kick and have done.

I've decided to invest 5 quid in each of the following bets:
Adam Johnson to score first and Sunderland to win 1-0 @100/1
Jack Rodwell to score first and Sunderland to win 1-0 @300/1

It should alleviate the inevitable pain and frustration if this fixture plays out as normal.

john@staustell said:
mancity dan said:

Not just shit, really shit. Dont know why we dont just give them a goal kick and have done.

I don't know why we don't let Lampard take a few, instead of Nasri wasting all of them.

Fuck me ! These threads are getting bit Groundhog. I have real trouble
comprehending how we have won 2 of the last 3 titles, seeing as we happen
to be a bit shit at just about everything.

Off the back of an excellent result, I reckon this hoodoo is being put to bed, tomorrow.

BTW every team are shit at corners, from what I've seen.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Strangely enough, our best corner taker may well be Aleks Kolarov. Problem is, if the attack breaks down, he can't get back into position.

We'd have scored one on Sunday had that idiot Aguero tried shooting straight, instead of running around
diving everywhere ;-)

We had 2 great corners in a row against Southampton where Mangala or Kompany made a run towards the near post to extend the ball. I think they are really working on it (finally)

A couple of seasons back we developed a corner that was taken short, usually to Milner who then returned the ball to the corner taker and helped drive us into the box and in behind. We havent continued with this at all in the last 2 seasons that I can recall, but I know at the time I used to think "at last, we have found our route to creating danger from our corners". We seem to have gone back to the direct delivery looking for one of our dominant options in the air (Kompany, Dimechellis, Mangala etc), unfortunately this will only work if we actually clear the first defender, which seems to present many of our takers with an issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.